Reviews for Poem: We Have A Purpose
musicfreak99 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I like this poem!
You based it on something that we've all ased ourselves atleast once before.
Good job!
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
"We were put on this earth simply to _

You fill in the blank.

We have a purpose."

Outstanding line right there! The poem is amazing itself, as it flows together like no other. You are truly gifted, keep it up .
Field of Innocence chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
These are some questions I used to ask myself (all the time) when I was younger. I like the way the first section ends with 'Or are we here to do all of this?', and then the second section (I don't really know what to call them) ends with 'Or are we here to do none of this?' I don't know, it reminds me of my childhood a lot. Personally, I would fill in the blank with something saying that we're here to live our purpose. Lately, that's all I've been thinking about. So, I guess there aren't only extremes, like one thing and it's polar opposite.

I find this poem really pulls the questioning out of me, like reading this, I really want to know. (Since I'm used to just thinking 'we have a purpose and have to live it...) The repeated line, Why are we here on this earth, pulls the whole thing together, it seems to me. And the last lines.

You fill in the blank.

We have a purpose.
Banananas chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
You have a real talent for poems :3 It flows pretty well.
Burning Red chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Nice, nice, vedy nice
HorrorXx090 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Wow, extremely well written.

I love the way it rhymes, and the concept was simpply excellent.
wispofair chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
This is brilliant! I rarely review poetry on this site but I couldn't help but to say something about this one. I love it mostly because I can feel it (if that doesn't sound too stupid). I can't wait to read more of your work.
Maggie Smith chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
First, to answer your question: To edit a story, you have to edit the original document you uploaded and re-upload it to the site. Once it's uploaded, you can just replace the existing document with the edited one.

As for your poem, it's very good and poses some deep questions. I enjoyed the rhyme - it's all pretty much spot-on. My favorite line is "Leaving them buried in the silence of the answer." Nice.

I think it could use some stanza breaks - for example, after the fourth, eighth, fourteenth, and seventeenth lines.

I like the end - the ability of the reader to fill in the blank for him/herself.
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 3/25/2010
An interesting concept you've used here. It certainly kept me involved with the poem right up to the end.

I like the repetition of the question: "Why are we here on this earth?" as it reminds the reader of what the poem is about, and creates a fixed point we can refer back to.

I also like the rhyming scheme. At no point in the poem did it sound forced, or as if you were trying to manipulate the words to fit.

The only weak spot I found was the cliche: "silence of the answer". I've always found it distracting when it said in songs, and it cut up the poem a little.

Personally, I thought the blanked word was 'fear', but that was probably because I was swept up in your rhyming scheme. Still, it's pretty cool.

I don't know why, but the last two lines gave me chills. Really good poem. Kudos! :)