Reviews for Persephone's Flight
LOVE IT chapter 6 . 7/1
this is such an amazing interpretation of persephone's abduction
SO CUTE chapter 4 . 7/1
OMG chapter 3 . 7/1
Guest chapter 11 . 3/21
where's the ebook going to be at?
lakaylia fuller chapter 1 . 2/18
this book is very exciting
Shannon O'Brien chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
I really like this! Great job so far! :)
Lisa chapter 10 . 5/7/2015
Are you going to continue writing this? I love it! Your wrighting skills are quite amazing and I would love to read more.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/1/2014
omg, I am hooked on this story! I hope you write the next chapter soon, bye:)
Guest chapter 10 . 3/23/2014
I thought thatanos was a loyal severnt to hades ?
Themory chapter 1 . 10/2/2010
I always imagined Hades as a somewhat dark character. If not dark, then at least nonconforming xDD. For him to be so poilte to his brother (given Hades is the older sibling) seems kind of illogical to me.

Sorry. I don't mean to criticize your story right at the beginning after you've written so many latter chapters already and thus it's impossible to change.

This was just an opinion of mine. But of course mythology can be interpreted in many different ways.-

Also, I always imagined the love between Hades and Persephone an unrequited (at least in the beginning) one, which is what your story portrays so I like that.

-Potentially Shoeless
Alias Blue chapter 2 . 8/31/2010
Hi. Sorry this took so long to deliver, but it probably won't be unusual. I tend to take a long time to review. :) Anyway, down to business. A couple typo's I noticed:

“in way of greeting” - I think it should be 'by way of greeting'.

“want to claim her as her own.” - should it be 'as their own'?

Okay, I don't know much about Greek mythology, but Demeter is Zeus' sibling, and they had a child? I won't make ignorant comments now. :)

That last dialogue from Zeus was heartbreaking, but a little odd that he would say all that aloud to himself? Maybe find another way, like, she read it in his countenance or something?

“I have just gotten done talking” - Why is it I read that in a southern American accent? hehe. Grammar slip. Anyway, I think you should change it to 'just finished talking'.

“But no laughter came. Dread settled like a cloud above her senses.” - I love that last line. Poetic and dramatic.

“felt the life of the Earth harvest begin to dwindle away.” - uh oh. That perhaps encompasses the entire feel of this chapter. Hope disappears.

Again, I like your update of all the Gods and the name-dropping of some of the others, like Aphrodite. This was a good chapter to show Demeter's reaction, and it was heart-rending. Though the drama of it was expected, and I think it was written very well.

I particularly like the 'stench of the underworld' line.

I would say I'd like a little description of mount Olympus and where they are, because right now I visualise all their conversation taking place in a giant, blank whiteness. lol. With Zeus' chair of course. You've got me quite interested in Greek mythology now. :)

- Alias Blue returning review.
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
Okay, to be honest because I know nuts about Greek mythology, I can't really comment on your question of sticking true to the real stuff or not. Norse on the other hand would be better for me to guess. And trying to get authentic sources of Irish myths is proving to be a pain. The best I could find would be the Ulster Cycle and it's not even ten percent close. -.- Anyway, I do think that this is a very good work in rewriting the famous Hades-Persephone myth. Or rather from the very little I've known about that, things seems pretty much in place with the original take. Do take note of my first statement here. Meaning everything was a wild guess albeit I did come across this story when I was a kid. Can't remember much now. Anyway, I really like the interaction between the characters as the whole thing seems really realistic.

If there's anything I can suggest on improving, it will the the one area I can think up of now. And basically that would be Hades relationship with Zeus. Quite obviously they have never been at odds with each other, but I just feel that you could have fleshed out the whole thing further like whether Hades felt any contempt for Zeus, was there any subtle form of envy towards him, etc. The same goes for his views on Olympus since while you've stated the cause, I think you could have done more on the effect. Namely a fleshing out of his views on the place. But of course I think the two critique are more of a nit-picking here since my brain isn't functioning properly at the moment. x.x

P.S: If it's okay with you, I hope you can review A Ranger's Tale.

Add P.S: Because you've started on two other works of mine just only on a first chapter basis, I hope you can actually inform me if you wanna continue reviewing them first or go along my prefered option on reviewing A Ranger's Tale. That plus Circles of Arven was like forty plus chapters hence I don't want you to push yourself too hard in the process of reading the whole thing.

- From The Roadhouse. :)
white wolf97 chapter 4 . 8/8/2010
ok, so she's STILL a virgin? i'm confused.
white wolf97 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
i like this one. :) i always wanted to have an explanation of the story of Persephone and Hades. i'm going to assume that this Kore chick is the roman name for Persephone. :D
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 10 . 8/3/2010
I really liked this chapter! We got a bit more description of the Gods and the kind of world they live in, the way they interact with each other was shown really well and the whole banquet scene was handled brilliently! Nice work. I liked Persephone's reactions to it; she had a great balence of wanting to be there but being intimidated by them all, too. Great work.
186 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »