Reviews for The Rare Old Times
Alteng chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Okay, I am in the process of trying to get caught up again.

This is a thinky type of story, and you sure have put your charater in a terrible situation. It seems that no matter what decision he makes will he win. I, personally, would go with taking the new job, because you've got to look out for the family first, but that is me.

The only problem that I have with the story is the use of the 'f' word early on. It seems to be a bit overused. Do the Irish even have that as a curse word? I don't really know, but I would cut out a couple of the insistences there. Other than that, it is a good story.
CaiaCaecilia chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
I really liked this. It's so different from the sort of thing I normally read but definitely in a good way. I felt like I was at the brewery with Patrick and Johnny, and when he got the news about the coopers I really felt for him having to make that choice. I even felt sorry for Willy - you could practically see him squirming in his chair when he had to tell Patrick about the lay-offs. Usually I get annoyed when there's a cliffhanger or something unresolved but in this case it fit well with the rest of the story - it probably helps that I can't decide what he should do! Overall a really interesting snippet that was very well written :)