Reviews for Where the Wild Zombies Graze
Niemand chapter 2 . 11/10/2010
I read this yesterday (after months of skimming through and never finishing) and consider this .

I won't really go in-depth about the prose because you already know my thoughts – especially because I tend to go voluminous lengths (interesting wording we've got here again) about it. And, due to familial problems, I gotta keep this review short.

But, as is your speciality, this is very witty and littered with references to things that I only vaguely know of (because I'm a stupid, ignorant person). Also, I love your language use: it's so bad ass. Meaning that you write very well and with an authority that I've seen few people exercise this well.

I only wish you had more confidence in your writing abilities because they are a) good and b) will only become better in the near future.

Plot and characterisation-wise, I absolutely love how you deconstruct Twilight like tropes. The vampires are not glittery, bland characters, but have their issues and imperfections. They seem very human to me, in fact. Especially the narrator. I love his attitude towards things; it's very casual and without the drama you often see attributed to this genre. Now, I don't mind drama but it does get boring every now and then.

I love the heroine too – she's an interesting mixture between being strong and vulnerable. I think her reactions are believable; she definitely reacts the way most of us would when meeting a vampire (disbelief, slight curiosity, then fear and then, once the situation looks safe, again curiosity?).

I think the gore elements are very well described here. Not too gross, but not too skirmish either – if that makes sense.

Geh, I need to stop now. Even if this is typo littered.
Eclectic Mentality chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
final review-9.5/10
fatelesskitten chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
That was so...cute) It has to be the lightest (original) story I've ever read by you) And I love it! I adore all of the characters, the refreshing non-emoness of Connor, the zombies (LOLOLOL) and the first meeting between Tallulah and Connor ("Tallulah narrowed her eyes. "Why aren't you drop dead gorgeous?"
helike chapter 2 . 4/2/2010
I fixed myself a Bloody Mary

It gets quite a new meaning when vampires are involved ._.;

Baseball reminds me about Twilight ;

"How old are you?" (...) "One hundred and thirty." (...) "Wow. How on earth have you made it this far?"

erm... she does realise he is a vampire, right? ; Vampires just happen to live that long ; BTW... Bonus point for Connor for not pretending to be Edward and telling he's 18 year old ;

A man was standing on the road; I had almost run him down. On second thought, maybe I should have: it was a ghoul.

Cruel, but reasonable taking into consideration the situation.

"It's out of fashion lately," I replied, assuming the next question should be about bats, garlic, or coffins.

Actually I wanted to ask about garlic... .; BTW... Do they have a reflection in a mirror? ._.

The story is like some twisted parody of Salem's Lot, btw. Scary XD;
Megas Alexandros chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
Wow, this is thoroughly disturbing! XPP But I love this vampire family, they are a lot of fun. (And really, Eddie-boy? That's degradation! XPP) Also, I love the name Tallulah. It reminds me of a Tori Amos song. XPP

Looking forward to the next part.
helike chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
Edward? How could you? XDD I suppose somebody tried to sparkle in the sun? ;

Daisy is kinda scary, btw XD

Nice story Can't wait to see the second part :)