Reviews for Cryptomnesia
sophiesix chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
clever! like Improve it took me a sec to cotton onto the ref string, and even then i don't think I got them all, which is always a good place to be. very nice :)
Your-Magpie chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
you know i clicked this because of bright eyes.

but i loved the idea you had here. it was lovely.

and all of my favourite bands were in there.

obviously some of the best lines were the ones used in your summary and counting crows, and also the 182 blinks. genius

up the neutral milk hotel (aeroplane over the sea. genius song)

thirteen senses! (havent heard anyone who has heard of them, like, ever)

this was beautiful, it really was. taking music as inspiration one step further, loved it.
asher02 chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Wow I LOVE this poem. The words used in a story to string together the band names were very creative. Very nice!
improvisationallychallenged chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Haha - love it.

I'm embarrassed to say this, but it actually took me a little while to work out what you were up to. The early band references are woven in pretty well, and seemed to form quite an abstract, prettily poetic feel, if a tad pretentious (although still good to read)

It wasn't till the 'radio heads' reference that I thought "hm...hang on", and that realization immediately shifted this from pretty poetry into pretty clever :P

In fact, just rereading it a second time I've already noticed another batch of references that I completely over-looked...'Blur' for one...

I really like this, and I'm not usually one for poetry.

I'm not tagging this 'From We Return Reviews' btw - consider this a freebie, cause I don't write poetry, therefore, have nothing even close to this short or sweet.