Reviews for Talk
HiddenFromYou chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
I'm speechless after that. It basically sums up all the fear someone could ever have about coming out to their mother and being completely rejected, and then to have their sexuality ignored, and to be expected to act like nothing ever happened.

Really strong, powerful writing. You got the message across well, and seemed to identify with me personally. I suspect a lot of other readers felt the same.

Pure genious. :)
drink me pretty chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
This is so powerful-

simplistic, too, but somehow

you know how to pace your words

just right so that they have the

most ballistic impact possible.

You're an incredible writer,

I hope you know that.
Isca chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
"Talk to me? I think you've done enough." Whoa. The tone of "talk to me" is quite profound: it's both angsty and indignant.

"Let the whole neighbourhood know that I was a freak." Again, the tonality of this line is very impactful. I like that it's not clear whether it's the speaker who thinks she's a "freak" for liking girls or whether it's her family who thinks so.

"Frankly, mother, I cannot talk to you because if I try, I freeze up and stop breathing." I know exactly how this feels. I remember telling my mom something when I was 16 and it was terribly awkward/difficult to do. Panic attacks suck. :(

"You hurt me worse than I ever hurt myself." A brilliant final line. Great work. :)