Reviews for Bed Is Listening
MagpieCat chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
i only understood the third and fourth line.

i'm just not...smart (?) enough to quite fully appreciate this haiku.

but anyway, it sounds nice

wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
Aww, this is a refreshing angle of looking at things :)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Thanks for your reviews. It's always nice that someone looks forward to me posting. I am doing ok. Keeping busy. How are you? Anyway now on to the review...

I don't typically mind capitalizing the first letter of each line, but for some reason it seemed odd to me here. Specifically, in the second and fifth line. Something about the capitalization broke up the phrasing for me.

Other than that nitpick, I liked the piece a lot. I think your word choices (like famish and exaltation) were really great. Your similie about the sky was really interesting and created a great image.

Nice job!

PS Check out the Review Game and/or the Review Marathon (links in my profile)
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
I really like the imagery and flow.
SingViolence chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I usually try to review things that haven't been reviewed, but since all of yours have been, I'll go with this one. I love the images I get from reading this, it's very good. Thank you for writing!
Little Miss Cullen Cutie chapter 1 . 3/30/2010
Short, but sweet. Out of curiousity, what is a Choka? Well done, once again!

Little Miss Cullen Cutie
Mirabella chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
The title makes me think this is about sleep, but if i take the title away, i feel this is about reading the constellations in the sky, and gaining meaning from them. :)

I really loved it. :)
nickyO chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Hi Anna,

First off, love the poem.

Interpretations: Oh forgive me, I can come up with a few. If I take a romantic bent, then it is about a lover who has proven worthy. If I take a spiritual bent, then it is about a God or a future that is worthy. If I take a parental bent, then I imagine the star-filled sky is decoration above a crib and the baby is the "valid exaltation".

No matter what the interpretation truly is, the words work beautifully together and do give the reader much to imagine.
Punslinger chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This strikes me as a slightly giddy love poem. "...united Magnitude with good order" indicates that both quantity and quality are sufficient and the heart is well-nourished with "valid exaltation." Good work.
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
''by rolling out the star-filled night sky'' definitley thought that was brilliant. My interpretation is that it's about someone who passed away, maybe a relative or friend. But I'm just throwing out my ideas of what this is about. Either I thought you did a good job. Keep it Up!