Reviews for Cameron
Cheddar-Graham chapter 1 . 8/15/2015
[Return visit] Hmm, my head feels messed with. Is Cameron a citizen of cuckoo-land-James-district, or is James too afraid to leave the closet? The sex was hot anyway. *grins stupidly*
SheldonTheWhale chapter 1 . 8/13/2015
Holy shit. That went from "Oh look some nice random smut with a touch of back story." to "Oh fuck no this has to be a complete story."

Mindfuck at the end man holy hell. Is there more? I'm gonna look and pray there's more. Like a complete thing about this not just a one shot.
GrangerDanger333 chapter 1 . 7/15/2013
I read this a while ago and just now re-read it. It's been a really good read both times, and I can't remember what exactly i thought about the ending the first time i read it, but now I'm thinking James is in denial. He's telling himself he's straight and he's ok to have the occasional hook-up with Cameron as long as it's in his head. Sad really.

Maybe that's not right... but it's an interpretation. Whether it is just a strange twist that will never make sense or not, this is really well written and enjoyable! :D
HIVENET chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
WELL
WOW
The Infinity chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I hope you still get on here xD. Oh well. You may never read this review.

But I really liked this story... in fact, I loved it.

The ending had not just one twist, but two! Very creative.

By the way, visualization was easy and beautiful. Loved the descriptions, loved the details.

Keep it up! :D

Much love,
Lil' Monster
Ibbit chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
I can't review really well right now, because sleep is blurring my mind a lot. But this is very.. good. beautiful. weird. creepy. Pick your favorite. Definitely didn't expect the ending, but that is one definition of a good story. Unpredictability. Okay, good story. I still love the way you write, great plot (thing), good characters even though Cameron kinda seemed like the stereotypical gay. Etc, man. Cheers

Luck with life.

~ibbit
CB Scarlet chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Mind fuck. Haha. In the best way, of course.
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
well...that was bizarre.

and well written.

and ambiguous in that post-modern kind of way.

Savannah-Vee chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I LOVED this! So good! I had a feeling Cameron wasn't really there. I thought he had been real but he died. Is that what happened? Or is he just an imaginary person James made up to feed his gay desires that he's afraid of acting upon? But then, the ending part? I don't understand. Does that mean Cameron IS real after all? Would love and explanation. :) Loved it though, your writing is excellent.
Hidden Brightness chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Really good story. I like the twist. Is there more to come? Maybe something longer?
mousegirl05 chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I really liked the premise of the story and the two characters. They were so different and I've known people like both of them, so it makes it completely believable. _ I really liked Cameron's character. He's just so adorible and percocious. I believe someone already said 'all kinds of win', which pretty much says it all. James isn't to shabby of a character either (and by 'isn't to shabby', I mean he's great). Good job there.

About half-way through I realized I'd limited my search to fantasy and I thought to myself 'hum, I wonder what the fantasy element will be?' I kinda like stories like that. Nice there. I kept wondering, are they not human like I'm assuming? Is one a ghost? Maybe it's not normal school? Things like that. When you have the readers guessing, you have full command of their entire attention. Excellent thing to hae. What I really like is that you've left questions and possibilities. For example, while you said that Cameron only existed in Jame's head, if his scarf and his hat are gone, one could wonder if in some sense, 'somewhere' that Cameron is indeed 'real'. Leave this residual feelings with your reader will help them remember your story and enjoy it all the more. Nice.

Now, here comes the dicey part of the review (you'll either love me or hate me after this *laughs): At the beginning (and a little bit throughout), your writing kept switching tenses from present to past. This switching tenses greatly weakens a piece of work and can be a huge turn off for readers (quite honestly, I almost didn't finish-which would have been terribly sad, because, as I hinted above, the story is one that deserves to be finished). Along the same lines would be action/dialogue paragraph seperators. Whenever one character speaks, that character gets his/her own paragraph. You never have multiple characters speaking in the same paragraph. For that matter, you do not have one character speaking in one paragraph and then another acting. During action and dialogue, it's a 1:1 ratio kind of thing. Now, for the most part you did A-OK with this. I just notices it once or twice and therefore had to make mention. _

Okay, that above was all gramar business. Following is style: I am all for multiple points of view in a single story. I think it adds flavor, dimension, and color. However, it's always a little awkward if the bulk of a work is written from one POV and then all of the sudden (especially during sex) we've popped into this other character's head as well. If you are going to POV jump, it's important to prepare the reader for this by letting them peek into the additional characters' minds as soon as they appear and then keep it consistent. Alternately, only switch POVs during scene shifts. That's in general. Here, depending on whether or not Cameron is 'real' I would either enhance his POV (support for his 'existence' elsewhere) or nix it altogether (support for it's all in James's head).

Now, normally I wouldn't pop in, uninvited and 'wail' on a piece like this, but that little 'looking for constructive criticism' at the end just pulled me in with it's flirty, flirty littles 'i's. *giggle* Excuse the extremely bad pun. I hope that my oppinion is helpful, and when you get right down to it, this is something I enjoy doing. I certainly hope you accept everything I've said with the knowledge that I only intend to be helpful. Obviously, you are the writer and therefore the ultimate decision is up to you. It was a great little short and it impressed me. Cheers!
The Endling chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
D:

I first read this with one of my friends. We were both so disappointed that Cameron wasn't real! This story is a total mind-fuck and I LOVE it! There's nothing really to criticize... However, would you check out some of my work? Pleaseohpleaseohplease!
UzumakiMatsurika chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
This was really good

but I didn't understand was it a dream or was it reality of

what happened? But I liked it
wishIloggedin chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
wow...this is so amazing! but it makes me soo sad at the same time...i wish cameron was real...XD
coconutts chapter 1 . 4/2/2010