Reviews for Soos Creek
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
I like the piece a lot. Your descriptions are great. I especially like the part about the condoms. I think you described something most people can relate to even if they never did this, they heard the stories of it happening. I didn't get the ending 100% though. To me if it was a part they were playing wouldn't that just get old too?

Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile)
Kackex chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
WOW GRAPHIC.

No prob, I'm 'mature'. Sweet imagery and phrases make this poem have youthful sense and most important coolio.

Coolio writing,Keep writing, Good luck on the WCC!

Would you kindly,

Kackex
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Haha, this is a poem everyone can relate to. The original ways you described well-known themes made it fun. Aw, man, makes me think of good times. XD

Good job and good luck in WCC!
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Nice. I like all the details in this, and that the prompt wasn't super obvious like it was in my piece. Haha. Lovely as always. Keep writing! :)
Anise Cary chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
I can totally picture all of this. It took me right back to college, the rumors, the confirmation by attending the parties on the riverfront. What a neat way to interpret the prompt. You have a way with imagery. I especially like this line: a footfall as it broke the sound barrier in trespassing

Good luck in the WCC
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Vivid imagery in this poem. The last line was well written and thought provoking. :-)
lipleaf chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I really like the mood you have in this poem. It feels light-hearted easy-going. There's a certain touch of innocence to this poem, despite the obviously not innocent subject of the poem. It's an interesting contrast. Your portrayal of the characters is nice as well. It feels very realistic, especially when you're talking about dares and such. It's something people can relate to, if in a vague manner, which is always a good thing.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
First off I like your format choice to keep all of the lines together. It almost makes you have to hunt through the block of text to find the words and the most powerful lines, in a way-if that makes any sense at all, and thus incorporates the prompt in a less obvious way. I like how you went the literal route with the woods and also the more figurative with the idea of partying and sex, right off the bat. This came across to me as a real poetry/prose piece-it really could go either way which makes it especially unique to me. I always enjoy you're poetry, so there are the usual lovely descriptions and word choices like "lightened ochre" and "precursory Christmas tree" that really stuck out. I also liked your ending, you give us too very bold distinct images and it was a wise way to end.

Best of luck in WCC!
YasuRan chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
As always, you never fail to impress. The images you evoke with your prose, perhaps more simple in this one as compared to your previous works, but still nonetheless are vivid and surrealistically beautiful. I haven't read all the entries for the April WCC but if this says anything, you stand a good chance ;)