Reviews for You Smell So Good
lipleaf chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Subject- I found the theme you chose to be fascinating. I've seen some poems mentioning cigarette smoke, but I haven't seen it described quite like this. The emotional connotation you give it is interesting.

Flow- This piece flowed pretty well. You place all of your breaks well, and the parentheses in the first stanza helped it roll along smoothly as well. I think the third stanza had the best flow, partially due to the fact that it was all one sentence. Everything here is strung together well, though.

Technical aspects- I like the way you used repetition in this piece. It's one of my favorite devices (when done well), and the way you said "you smell so good" at the beginning of each stanza really drove the point home. The speaker's desire was expressed well. I especially love the way you bold "so" in the second stanza.

Enjoyment- I did enjoy reading this piece. As far as love poem go, yours was fairly unique and had its own voice. It was an interesting read. However, as a side note, it might be better if you edited out the "mitchell" at the end of the second stanza. It just seems out of place.
sealednectar chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This was interesting because people usually hate the smell of cigarette smoke. Well written again and I liked what you did with the brackets.