Reviews for Greek Gods and Goddesses Poetry Project
Written In Red chapter 2 . 7/2/2010
I really wish this one was longer. I think it's the one that you could expound on the most in all honesty. And, I apologize in advance for this, I feel the need to correct you. Gaia gave birth to the titans, the cyclopes, and the one hundred handed ones, not the gods... :/ Other then that, I thought it was good.
Written In Red chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Chaos wasn't a god silly... Then again, what was he? He wasn't a titan or god or monser? He barely qualifies as a spirit really. Tell me if you figure it out, I'll look it up later in my library.

I loved the poem, I think it is an accuracte depiction of his story while still communicating the emotions seen there. I really liked the ending talking about the constant existence of chaos and how he cannot be smote. Loved what you communicated.

PS Did I forget to mention I am a huge mythology buff? Seemed like something I should've mentioned...
Vernelley chapter 2 . 6/1/2010
I think I've heard of Gaia before. Might've been from watching Hercules or something XD (excuse my extreme weirdness)

I do like how she's well portrayed as a mother figure, though. The part about the earth and the sky 'embracing' at the horizon was very effective personification, I think.
Vernelley chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I'm not too familiar with Greek mythology, having studied it in my early years of high school and not really understanding it.

Though I have to say it was a very interesting piece about this particular Chaos figure. I think the ending was particularly effective as well.
Blade100 chapter 3 . 6/1/2010
Yeah. Swallowing them was a great idea...Or, you know...Just don't have kids. Although I don't know if condoms existed back then. Moving along, good chapter and your little comment at the end did make me smile. Good job.
Blade100 chapter 2 . 6/1/2010
Ahh...Gaia, Mother Gaia to be exact. I remember reading about her when I was in elementary. It is interesting to think she gave birth to the Gods and the Titans, but if memory serves correctly, the fathers were the God of the Sky and God of the Ocean...(That or the Sky itself and Sea itself)...That leads to some strange thoughts.

Again, good job. You should be proud.
Blade100 chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
Cool. I like mythology, and I do like poetry, so this is a double good thing. I also like to believe in a balance between order and chaos. Chaos can represent evil, cruelty, but also freedom. Order can represent fairness, justice, but also oppression. I like the idea of chaos creating order, even if it wasn't on purpose. It brings a good...yin-yang sense to it all.
Eva Rieycoit chapter 6 . 5/30/2010
Yes I can tell. And I agree you!

Love the lines:

"If you know of a Demi-god,

It is most likely his."

Haha. So true.
Eva Rieycoit chapter 5 . 5/30/2010
OMG. Yes, my favourite god as well! :D

Sigh. Oh gosh, I think he's the best god there is out of all of them. I mean, even though he stole Persephone away, at least he's not cheating on her like Zeus.
Eva Rieycoit chapter 4 . 5/30/2010
I like this one. About forgetting. It's very poignant. :)
Eva Rieycoit chapter 3 . 5/30/2010
Ah yes, the guy who ate his own kids. : I like how you mentioned how he smiled at the end though. It's a twist to the whole poem.
A. Barone chapter 11 . 5/30/2010
I love this depiction of Hypnos. Well done.
A. Barone chapter 10 . 5/30/2010
I always saw Thanatos as a wiry but powerful figure. I love your description of him in this poem.
Eva Rieycoit chapter 2 . 5/30/2010
Rather short, but I think it completely describes Gaia very well. :)
A. Barone chapter 9 . 5/30/2010
Here is the story of Rhea and Zeus. I like it. Well done.
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »