Reviews for Greek Gods and Goddesses Poetry Project
William G. Thorne chapter 12 . 5/11/2010
Take your time! This is a very wise move on your part too, give you some time to gather your thoughts and dish out some very interesting poetry when you come back to it.

Typhaegia chapter 5 . 5/3/2010
Hades is my fave god also... Second place is a toss-up between Poseidon and Hermes. I'd like your poems Persephone and Demeter! Also, you're dedicating a poem to every god and goddess? That's ambitious!
William G. Thorne chapter 11 . 4/18/2010
you're right, they do seem rather sadistic. This poem gives a new light on dreaming, if you've ever played Dragon Age: Origins, this poem would be perfect for "The Fade" very nice :)

William G. Thorne chapter 10 . 4/18/2010
"So, when his finger beckons you,

Submit"

like that line, it gives the reader a sense of hopelessness.

William G. Thorne chapter 9 . 4/15/2010
talk about some serious child abuse!

Rhea has that battered wife syndrome... at least thats what I think.

I like your twists on ancient myths, it makes them feel fresh and renewed!
William G. Thorne chapter 8 . 4/15/2010
I pity the Titans, they always seem to have the worst punishments.

it has occured to me that this is somewhat of a sonnet..
Candrakanta chapter 4 . 4/10/2010
The River Lethe is responsible for forgetfulness. Mortals drink from this before reincarnation, so they are not haunted by their past lives.

Initiates of the cult that followed Mnemosyne were told to drink from a pool in Hades dedicated to - instead of the R. Lethe. This would allow them to reincarnate, while preserving their memories.

Mnemosyne does not cause people to forget; rather, people who do not know her ways are made to forget.

Hope this makes sense.

BTW, Mnemosyne, Hestia, Athene, and Selene are my personal favourites (in about that order).
William G. Thorne chapter 7 . 4/5/2010
if I were her I'd pull a Lorena Bobbit on Zeus and call it a day haha. I really like how this is coming together! cant wait to see more.

William G. Thorne chapter 6 . 4/5/2010
onced watched an anime about zeus's perverted habits, made me shake my head... giving men such bad names... curse you zeus!

William G. Thorne chapter 5 . 4/5/2010
I always feel sorry for Hades, having to give up his love for so long. he definatly has that "if I have to suffer then everyone will suffer too" personality about him haha

William G. Thorne chapter 4 . 4/5/2010
I know in norse mythology there is a pool called Mimirs Well, its the symbol for the collective concious that all humans are apart of. most old religions have a story about the collective conciousness, I didnt know that the Greeks did too. learn something new every day!

William G. Thorne chapter 3 . 4/5/2010
Ever seen the movie Aliens? Its as if his children were the chest bursters in that movie haha. Kronos for parent of the year definatly, I shall pass out flyers ;)

William G. Thorne chapter 2 . 4/5/2010
the true mother earth, so very true. anytime I think os Gaia I have an image of a woman fat with child sitting in a garden of flowers. just because a poem is short doesnt mean that it lacks luster :)

William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Chaos is one of those powerful beings, just the mere mention strikes fear. I like this poem, very well done. Once again, really digging the poems put in chapters, very clever!

Thenardier chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
Rather an interesting piece. Would love to see how the rest of them come about. It really captured my attention/imagination.
75 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5