Reviews for Robert Louis Stevenson From the Other Side
Eleantris chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
Wow, that is creepy! You've matched up the rhythm and rhyming to the original perfectly though, it's brilliant! X D
Vienesse chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
A very descriptive piece of writing you have here! Your writing skills are superb! I definitely enjoyed reading this.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
pretty good parody. it made me think of the AntiChirst speaking (that's what you call him in christanity, I think)

I liked the three last lines, very horror-ish :P
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Bleh, never liked him, probably because I had to write 40 words on Jekyll and Hyde.

"I rise from my grave and fly".. That's a pretty good imitation, reminds me of Northanger Abbey.

Is this a zombie or a vampire or.. just taking the mick?

I prefer your version :D
nickyO chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
That is scary and written very skillfully.
Dante's Disciple chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
A masterful follow up to a great poem (I'd never read Stevenson's Requiem, I like it much!)

The rising from the dead is a great story to tell, this is also one of my favourite rhyme schemes, I'd love to read more in the same form but as it is it is brill, and a good homage to a great man.

Nice job!
Wren's Diatribe chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Amazing! really nice use of published work as inspiration for both form and content!

Stevenson is awesome, Disillusionment of Ten O'clock anyone?
SirScott chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
My favorite Robert Louis Stevenson story is called The Bottle Imp. That was the first of poetry that I had ever read. Your poem was little more creepy than his.

SirScott
Mirabella chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Lovely rhyming technique. :) And i like the similarities between the poems and how you added Stevenson's version. I hadnt read it before and i quite liked it too. :)
Cynthia Brent chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
This is great! It's like if Robert Louis Stevenson and H.P. Lovecraft were chained together on a chain gang and escaped. They could write poems together and have adventures and it would be like THE DEFIANT ONES.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Very pirateish. He wrote Treasure Island right?
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Very good, Punslinger. This is very creepy. "Eating flesh before the kill." Great line. Good work.