Reviews for Almost Eighteen And Not Eight
Piano Fox chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Yeah, it's kinda hard transitioning from a kid to adult. I'm still working on it.

Harry Potter has an awesome style and story.

The last book was bad thou.

Politics drives me crazy They don't do the right things! And it moves sooo slow.
KuroKage1717 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I can totally relate to this - I actually didn't want to turn 18, because then everyone would expect me to act like an adult, getting a job, a life, a purpose, etc. But when I finally did, it was like, "Huh. Just another day. Moving on." Just wait until you turn twenty. That's when it really kicks in, lol! :D

Anyways, I find it interesting that you seemed to be worried more about political responsibilities than anything else. I'm Canadian, and over here, I don't think there's such a big push for people to vote and all that. If you didn't vote, no big deal. I'm assuming that it's different in the States?

As for your writing, I'm not too familiar with this essay kind of format (I hated essays in English. Blergh!), but I did notice a few grammatical errors, and a few run-on sentences. Nothing major.

I enjoyed reading this, as you've got a neat way of bringing what's in your thoughts to the page. I found it very easy to relate to what you were saying, which is most important in this style.

Keep writing!
Punslinger chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
This is an interesting and informative account of your emotional state at an important turning point in your life. I think all teenagers feel worried and uncertain about their futures, if that is any consolation. I have a story about that titled "Forever 17", if you would care to read it.