Reviews for The Pulse Impulse Theory
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 3 . 3/21
Okay Liam is the best, oh my god. I can't wait to see him bring out emotion and jokes from her, I imagine their happiness with be in stark contrast to, say, Daphne's sister.
HelloBeautifulChild chapter 2 . 3/21
Ahh I am LOVING this so far! Can't wait to read more!
Caroline Lloyd chapter 2 . 5/9/2014
I really wish I could buy this book somewhere. I can't get it on Amazon...
R. Ficst chapter 18 . 5/12/2013
Nice work : )
R. Ficst chapter 8 . 5/12/2013
The Pulse-Impulse Theory brilliant. Wonderful thinking put into wonderful words.
Bananafishh chapter 18 . 1/8/2012
So little reviews... You really do have a way with words you realize? It's kinda magical. Yes, some people can write nicely and some people can write in such a way that you're absolutely blown away by their vocabulary, but then there are those rare people; those people that can write in such an intoxicating way and then on top of that still inject so many big words into that your forced to keep a dictionary nearby because you just know that there's gonna be another word soon that you've never heard in your life and will hear again only a few times henceforth. I don't know how other people react to really complicated vocabulary, but I'm always sooo impressed and I find it quite delightful, but then for that to be coupled with a mind-blowingly adept grasp of the human language are the best things that i could ever read. Seriously. Therefore I'm going to tell you that I much preferred O Magnum Mysterium to the actual story line. especially the first chapter of it. OMG. I was literally mesmerised, mouth open and everything and you're right; writing dialogue is your weakness. The first interlude where Blue had nobody to talk to was once of the best things I have ever read or are likely to. I curse my age sometimes because it means I've no reason to be introduced to books that are written like yours, and even if I where my lack of education would inhibit me. Nevertheless, I think finding something this well written was a true find and with all the other emotions I felt while reading this, pride would have been higher if it had been on the shelf. I hope you get published one day and are on the shelf next to other amazing writers like Scarlett Thomas whose writing yours actually reminds me of a little :).
Kiveda chapter 17 . 11/6/2011
This is amazing.

So much better than the physical romances that seem to mint reviews, god knows why.

The amount of thought and background put in while keeping the romance alive is beautiful.

Good luck!

Cheers

Kiveda
daydee chapter 18 . 10/17/2011
I love this work of fiction! you've made me think, and I love the references to v for vendetta.

you never did tell us, though, what cities pathos and logos were originally.

great story!
The-Angel-Illusion chapter 17 . 7/27/2011
That was an amazing story! You meshed together scifi romance and revolutions into one story so seamlessly that those genres look natural together (and I can't say I've read a different story with all of those genres. The ending was cute. I love how the epilogue reflected the prologue. It ties things up nicely.
Jelly1066 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I read this a while ago, and when I stumbled back on it, I realised I never reviewed it! So I just wanted to say, I absolutely loved the story - the concept is just so good! It was so much fun to read! :)
ThouArtLuv chapter 18 . 7/11/2011
I can honestly say that I'm surprised at the small amount of reviews this story has! Your story should be incredibly popular! I really enjoyed reading this story. It reminds me of George Orwell's 1984...a book that I really like because it hits home for me.

:D
Bertie the Redwood chapter 17 . 6/24/2011
Wow... I absolutely loved this! It reminded me of the movie Equilibrium. Which is good, since I liked that story too. :)

Excellent story, and very well written.
ChemicalHazzard chapter 7 . 5/26/2011
OMGOMGOMG

I love your story

I espcially love the prologue

the concept

your writing and ideas

your analogies

overall just everything

unlike other stories it gets me thinking, has a good plot, good writing and good character development. It inspires me
cerulean-azure chapter 17 . 5/1/2011
Its a like a less cruel version of George Orwell's 1984, and with a happy ending :)
Shriken chapter 17 . 2/6/2011
This is one of the best SF romance stories I've ever read. Everything was absolutely right. The world, the words, the overall atmosphere of the story. I really appreciated how you used the right words to convey the attitudes of the society. I especially liked the double-story you had going on with Blue and Buck.

The idea of an emotionless society isn't new. In fact, it's very reminiscent of Equilibrium, the movie. If you look for something older, you find that most theories of Utopian societies circle around a heavily disciplined society that seems to excise all emotion out of the equation. Plato's Republic, or Thomas More's Utopia are prime examples of of such theories. Therefore, I always love it whenever I come across a story which thoroughly destroys any notion of the possibility of regimented societies. I hate regulations, prohibitions, or anything that inhibits creativity or free will whatsoever.

I would love to know what inspired you to write this particular story. And I would also like you to know that I like the way you write. It's not the somewhat relaxed, conversational, modern tone that most books take today. It's very unique. It's ruminative, deep-thinking, some would say too cerebral, but I love it, so don't change. It reminds me of my essays, but in story form, so I clearly can adapt to it easily.

I like the way you think. Congratulations! You've written a wonderful thread of words.
42 | Page 1 .. Last Next »