Reviews for Doom, Darkness and Metaphors
Souffle Girl chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Oh, my goodness, I can't believe you wrote all of this off of 'wilderness'! That's brilliant. I love your style of writing, and you have a great sense of humor. :D I think you just got officially moved to my favorite author list!
ranDUMM chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Hey,

This was a humorous piece! Slightly grim but humorous nonetheless :) Marianne's pointless blathering is annoying in a hilarious way. Great story, keep writing! :)

ranDUMM
Kobra Kid chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
This was very well written. Good dialogue & some really hard to pronunciatr names xD. The only suggestion I have is this doesn't sound like a one shot, but an adventure. It's probably just me though.

-B. Cross

P.S. Please payback via RFTA. Thanks!
ZyggyGirl chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
That was great! I loved the interaction with the characters.
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
This story is so amusing. The situation is a little grim, but the story remains light and humorous.

“Yeah, they could do it with their magic,” Rowan said. “They do magic, you know.” That line had me cracking up for about a full minute straight. Your humour is so amazingly fantastic. Ha-ha.

Oh my goodness that was so much fun to read. Great story. Definitely a new favourite.
xenolith chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
That was cool! Very different take on the prompt.

I liked the fast paced dialogue, you handled that, and the humor, brilliantly. And it was such a funny story, too. My only concrit would be to make the beginning stronger, it just didn't seem catchy enough, and this turned out to be a very catchy story so it deserves readers. Anyways, I enjoyed reading this, good luck for the WCC :)
Kackex chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Funny, a good humored fantasy. Something I haven't come across in awhile. The 'forest of lame quest' line and etc. was hilarious. Your dialouge is witty and classic, i'm glad you brought me a smile today!

Steel Penmenship, Keep writing, and Good Luck on the WCC!

Would you kindly,

Kackex
lookingwest chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Wow, fun fantasy! Love the comedic approach to the entire thing-I feel that a lot of these submissions this month were very serious so I'm relieved to see one that brings a smile to my face! I like the banter in the opening because it made me want to keep reading, and I love by the end you finish it off with sort of mocking the entire idea of fantasy in a very parody-like way. Also enjoyed your dialogue work, since it was mainly dialogue driven I thought the dialogue was clear and well paced because it was fun and realistic. I also enjoyed the brief moments of setting we get too. Overall very fun, and I wish you the best of luck in WCC!
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Haha! As an avid fantasy reader, I can totally appreciate this piece.

Drunk fantasy characters on a quest humor. Enough said.

Cute ending- I hope Rowan gets a chance at what's-her-name. :P

Good job and good luck in WCC!