Reviews for Economics Lesson
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I was expecting biting sarcasm and irony, and a witty punchline. This is just as good, even if the tone is much more serious.

I don't know if it's a story or poetry or something else entirely. And that's something I really like about these short little fable-things that you write. It's like an express bedtime story. But better, and without the moral coda.

. darker shade of pale
Raebie chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
Very good message. Well done.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Preaching without sounding preachy, kudos.

Loved the message at the end, inspiring :)
Isca chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
"Other rich men think they have to live like rich men." That's beautiful. The richest men do not deal in money, but in love. Our integrity is all we have. Good message. :)
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Hehe love that parting shot!
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
This is a very good lesson, Punslinger. Great job.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
So was he rich in spirit, family, etc, or was he just a penny pincher? interesting way to make me ponder on the different meanings of rich. Wealthy people can often be so poor in other ways. It always makes me annoyed when i see newspapers and things talk of poor people, as if by having less money they are automatically worse off in every way . i'm not denying poverty can be dreadful, but nor is money everything, and its true our society oftens does not value waht doesnt ave a price tag.

nice insightful piece!
Mirabella chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Not sure i totally understand, but i like what i get from readig it. I.e. one doesnt have to live "rich" in order to be rich, one can just have a happy humble life. :)
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Ah yes, good point.. Mathematically it's better to have a little saving than to be in debt. But 'being rich' is probably more complex than having lots of money in the bank, isn't the whole point in having so much money so that you can spend it? I don't see much wrong with spending money as long as it's planned, and mortgages aren't that bad, though preferably taken and given reasonably, without dragging the whole world into a quagmire. *glares at certain organisations*
tiger002 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Good point, I always like seeing your insights into things.
WarlordJEREK chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
I can't exactly tell if you're criticizing Capitalism or Communism, but I believe it's Capitalism? If so, good work. If not, well I guess I just misread it.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I like that. It's a good fable.
moongazer7 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Hm. interesting. It's sure contradictory. Not completely sure what to think of this one. I liked the whole thing that it was based in Russia after the USSR.

Was going to read an essay, but never thought to read one of yours, just saw it on the front and decided to take a look. I enjoyed it as always.
nickyO chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Good point.
SirScott chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I can remember when the Soviet Union collapsed I was about 11 years old. The guy has a good point.

SirScott