Reviews for To Play God
Minor Masterpiece chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
1.) This was my favorite poem of yours that I've read so far, I love the raw emotion, it was much different than the other ones. This one was real, cold, and sort of distressed. It was sad but also pissed off. It was blunt without being obvious, a very beautiful job of hugging the fine line between obscure and poignant. That is something I am unable to do and really wish i could.

2.) I love the chess metaphor and the line about "playing God", it's amazing, something I wish I had thought of. I love it, honestly. The entire thought of chess (since it's a game of warfare) being related to family and relations. The "regret checkmate" part was brilliant, loved it.

Mea of The Review Marathon (link in my profile!)
burlap chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
o.O

Perfect...absolutley perfect...

One of my friends is exactly like this, thinking that she IS God. The one difference is, I compaire her to a puppetier in a puppet show in which we all are puppets.

Excellent job.
Nick Ransom chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Heh...sounds like my former drummer's fucking fiance.
Bunneh chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Raw emotion, man! o.o I think I know exactly what you mean. I've run into a lot of people who try to run everyone's lives (although sometimes it's kinda their job .)

Other than loving the content, I love the poem itself. I didn't see any rhyme scheme, which works for this particular piece. The lack of capital leters also makes it stand out. Sorta, E.E. Cummings ish (I love his style, but some of his poetry is honestly hard for me to grasp)

And one more comment, the character was potrayed fantastically. WHether it's you or a made up person, your word choice brought them to life. I felt like I could not only connect but almost see and talk to thecharacter.

It's a very beautiful poem and thank you for sharing it.