Reviews for This Song
Balin Lord of Moria chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
This poem is even better than my poem about my grandmother! Even though I didn't understand the meaning of all the lines, it's beautiful the way you implied that part of your grandma was still there, while in reality she wasn't. Forgive me. I'm not very good with writing complimentary words properly in a review, so I may not be making a very good point here. But I still enjoyed your poem, and I don't doubt that you're much better at poetry writing than I am. Cheers.
Leo Winsiel chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Such a lovely poem. It also reminded me of my grandmother who's been with me since I was born. Now you're making me want to go see her and hug her, though she's a lot of kilometers away...
Thank you for a great poem. It has a nice ambiance to it.
xKathrynAlicex chapter 1 . 11/12/2014
This is really relatable. It really captures that pain and grief when you loose someone and that insense feeling of loss when something reminds you of them. It's beautiful and true in it's own way.
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
Very sad and honest. I felt the same when my grandmother passed away. I'm sorry for your loss.
Mary chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Grief...
WilliamtheDork chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This. . . Just. . . The emotion, what can I say? Today actually marks the 9th anniversary of my mother's death so. . . It's really moving. Keep it up! :)
danandphilwrite chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
This is so good! i can totally relate to this :) keep up the good work3
Firefly's Locket chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
The struggle of being left behind is very clear here. I'm no expert on poetry. (In fact, I often don't even like it.) I do like this, though.
bibliotaku748 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
This is exactly how I feel. And if dealing isn't enough you still need to live each and everyday with scars on your heart. This captured the feelings of loss perfectly. Thank you for sharing.
Nerdygirl chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
This was a great piece, your writing is very beautiful!
diwu6398 chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I'm sorry for your loss. I read this out loud and it gave me chills to read it. When I read "Discovering a lost treasure

In an empty graveyard" I couldn't help but think really scary things. Those two lines terrified me. I'm not sure if I really like the flow of this, but that final line is so... final. I'm sorry, I don't have a better word to describe it.

Megan
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
"Lost in a maze

Battle in the seas

Deserted on an island

Discovering a lost treasure

In an empty graveyard"

This middle section is my favorite.

This captures the feeling of loss well.
Smiling Twilight chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
this is sad but I love it!
unique.echo chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
This one is very very visual. I like it, I can relate to it. It's good, and I think the length of it was perfect. Was neither long nor short.

Very nice. :)
SilverStream101 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Oh... this is really a lovely piece. I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I know what it's like to lose someone like that.

Very beautifully written.