Reviews for After Midnight
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
"fingers clasped tight"... shouldn't it be tightly?

I didn't really like the fourth stanza. Something about it just seemed awkward. Almost like it didn't fit with the rest of the description. I think it was because I took the poem to be describing teens and the idea of her thinking of herself as growing into an old woman as easily as she would buy a pair of jeans just didn't seem to fit.

Anyway, I did like the rest of the piece. I thought the descriptions (as always) were really great. What I really liked though was the subject. It was a lot more upbeat and happy than your pieces typically are. It was sweet (a little less in the last stanza, but still).

PS Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile)
Isca chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
"Though the silence of the snowstorm is louder." I love the gentle tone of this line; it's soft, yet impactful because it is so. I like the idea that the silence of nature is louder than laughter, louder than joy, as though it is more holy.

"The wind wails; an old-woman sound, something I have not grown into yet." Excellent writing! I think the last part would be better as "something I have not yet grown into" though. Regardless, the 'wailing' image is very striking; the speaker is still young and doesn't feel entirely comfortable in the presence of 'old' Mother Nature.
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
I love your work so much - it is all so beautifully written. This is a beautiful story of a forbidden love, of sneaking out and prowling the night when you know you're not supposed to.

So adorable and so lovely. Absolutely brilliant, per usual :) Great job.
YasuRan chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
A lovely take on forbidden love with Nature as the backdrop. I must say, I get so excited when I see the Author Alert in my inbox telling me you've written something new :3. All your work is so inspiring!
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Love the little world I found here in your poem ]

and for a while

we are the only creatures

left stalking the wild world.

- amazing