Reviews for Menagerie no Chiisai!
lotus coin chapter 21 . 12/27/2010
I certainly have to say that your proof reading skills have been improving. Sure, there are several spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, but it is improved in comparison to your previous chapters.

There's not a whole lot to say about this chapter other than the scenario involving new animas is starting to become predicable at this point: I was already expecting Boton to come to Earth, wind up bound to a human, have his ship destroyed by the Kamaitachi brother, and end with some more animas on their way to Earth. Now might be a good time to put in a new twist like perhaps the Kamaitachi brother engage the new animas in person or perhaps they crash land and wind up lost in Japan for a while before encountering the Menagerie no Chiisai Squad. Also, some sub plots about Boton like the ones you did for Sasami would be appreciated.
Loreil Darksky chapter 19 . 11/25/2010
Aw! This is such an awesome story! I remember I came across it first when only the first three chapters were out, then I forgot about it... XD

I really love the way it's going, it really hooked me when I first started reading, and again now that more's been updated. It really makes me wonder what's going to happen next, with Hikaru and Kai's relationship, the relationships of the other aliens and humans, as well as everything about the other Guardians! I can't wait for the next chapter!
lotus coin chapter 18 . 10/10/2010
Well that's funny. When I suggested you end each chapter with a cheesy Batman-esque narration, I meant it as a joke. I wasn't expecting you would actually do it.

To be brutally frank, Chapter 18 was disappointing. Part of the problem was how Ertois's defeat was conveyed. It would have been better if Ertois getting sucked into the beads was actually dramatized to me rather than have it described to me by the characters in past tense. I was also confused by the scene with Hikaru and Dr. Kuroda Echini. Did it really happen? If so, how does it fit into the narrative of the story? Was it a dream? If so, then why didn't Hikaru mention or acknowledge it afterward? Was it a flashback? If so, why put it in the middle of the chapter and what relevance does it have?

So to be honest, the first battle of the Menagerie no Chiisai Squad was okay, but the ending was anticlimactic.
lotus coin chapter 16 . 8/26/2010
Sweet. We finally get to learn the relevancy of the title. Now they are really starting to look like superheroes with their costumes and their heroics. You know, a funny idea just occurred to me. Maybe every time you end the chapter on a cliffhanger like you just did, perhaps you can end it on a cheesy Batman-esque narration.

"Looks like Hikaru's all wrapped up. Will she escape before the spiders suck her dry? Tune in next time. Same menagerie time. Same menagerie channel."
HatedVampire chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
hahah.. its cute.. :DD (okay, gotta publish my story also now! LOL)
TK Anez chapter 14 . 8/3/2010
I loved this chapter! It was so cute and funny :) Sasami is a great character, I think she might be my favorite actually :)
lotus coin chapter 14 . 8/3/2010
Tatsuo reminds me of Mitsu Kusabue from Rozen Maiden. Also, it appears that Sasami got cooking lessons from Lane Meyer's mother from Better Off Dead. If you understood both of these references, you deserve a cookie.

I could just imagine Sasami dressed as various Disney princesses. Kawaii!

Well this little filler chapter is pretty cute and pretty funny. Certainly a nice little introduction to Sasami.
lotus coin chapter 13 . 7/27/2010
About those suggestions for Sasami and Reizo's chapters, judging by your scenes with Hikaru and Shippo as well as the ones with Asami and Kenta, I think some of your best scenes of character interaction are ones where the animas are just spending quality time with their humans. So perhaps Sasami and Reizo could do something like go to a theme park, go to the beach, play a video game, etc. If you can inject some of these characters' personalities and quirks into this story, it might be cute. Also, I really like when Asami's brother showed up to torment Shippo, so perhaps Sasami could meet a wacky relative of Reizo's. For example, his mom would think that Sasami is so cute that she would continuously dote on her, seemingly oblivious to the fact that she is an alien. Or maybe have Sasami and Reizo fight an alien all by themselves.

As for Joji, I think he's okay. Sure, he does come across as a creepy pedophile, but I've seen characters in anime who are far more crass, so I'm okay that. He's definitely worth a laugh every once in awhile.
TK Anez chapter 13 . 7/27/2010
Just caught up on this story! I think it's really good. I love all of the characters and all of the humor. You made me laugh a lot with this :) And aww I feel bad for Kai :(
AnimeFanEmiko chapter 13 . 7/27/2010
Aw, poor Kai. I feel so sorry for him. *frown* Anyways, I really like the two new chapters. I loled at the Avatar reference. XD I'll be looking forward to the next chapter! D
lotus coin chapter 11 . 7/17/2010
Hikaru going on a date with a weasel? That came out of nowhere. I'm stumped as to where you're going with the plot twist, but I hope it's something good. I also have one little suggestion: How about for the next chapter or two, focus the story on Sasami. At this point, we already know about Shippo and Kenta, but we don't know much about Sasami. So before moving on to the next major story arc, it would be nice to take a little extra time with her.
AnimeFanEmiko chapter 11 . 7/16/2010
Well, I read through all the chapters and I have to say I'm really liking this story! D It's too bad there aren't too many reviews.

I adore Hikaru and Shippo. They're so cute
AnimeFanEmiko chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
I really like this. It seems very anime-like to me, which are the kind of stories I enjoy the most
TK Anez chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I really like this story so far :) Very good writing. Maybe you could check out my story, Ishiki. I'd love your opinion :)

Btw, Little Menagerie would be 'Chiisai na Menagerie'

I can't wait to read more!
lotus coin chapter 9 . 7/1/2010
To be honest, chapter 9 was boring. Most of the chapter consists of mundane conversations. I know that making mundane conversations entertaining requires a good deal of work. Known the less, if these new characters are suppose to be important later on, maybe it would have been best for you to feature them in short little scenes throughout the story rather than putting them all in one chapter. Or instead of having the conflict be with some dog catcher, why not have their conflict be more related to the overall plot rather than a subplot. That might have made this chapter more interesting.

Chapter 8, in contrast, was far more interesting. There's hinting of another more powerful threat, there's magical gems involved, there's some sweet and funny dialogue between the characters, there's more comedy, and there's another guardian involved. Now that's interesting.