Reviews for Everything fades
CuriousContradiction chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Usually, when I review poetry, I copy and paste my favorite lines. I didn't do that here because I'd be copying and pasting almost the entire poem, which kinda defeats the purpose. One thing I'd consider doing is using punctuation to manipulate the flow of the poem. Commas make you pause, for example. Other than that, I think you have a lot of beautiful word combinations. Just wondering, Is this based on your own life?

( By the way, I have the line "molten sunsets" in one of my poems too! Poem soul-mates? :) )
Miracle-Grown chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
Your imagery is absolutely stunning. The poem stays focused and concise, which I always like. I really enjoyed reading this poem ( as I do reading all of your poems!)
fleur de l'est chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
This is so nostalgic and reminds me of one of those faded pictures. I love your association of seemingly unrelated things, 'Rabbits and march hares echoed my stardust', they leave so much room for my own imagination :)
Bonjour Skitty chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
It's been a few weeks since I've visited FP. As always, I'm a huge fan of the fairy tale references, but this one doesn't appear to have a happy ending. My heart breaks for your Cinderella Story.
Little Miss Cullen Cutie chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Not my favorite poem by you, but beautiful and captivating all the same!

~Little Miss Cullen Cutie~
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Can I marry your words? Please?

And can I just say, that for someone who starts poems without a plan and just writes without the intention of making sense, you always have a running theme and create soemthing really beautiful and sad?

xo ]
Punslinger chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Yes, even Cinderella's magic slippers wear out from dancing at too many royal balls, and Mr. Prince Charming must learn to endure housewife routines "under the kitchen door." Another lovely word gem from our precocious poetess.
Isca chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
"The pair my mother hung from a silver nail." The tone of this line is quite striking. I love this little familial description. The placement of the word "mother" beside the word "hung" is also rather startling. I like it. It draws me in.

"Silent cracks and putty-filled knots." Excellent writing here. Sometimes it's the little lines like this that really enhance a piece.

"Danced the quadrille in my penumbral eyes." This is my favourite line from the poem; it's absolutely masterful. 'Quadrille' and especially 'penumbral eyes' adds such depth and regality to this stanza. Bravo.

Your alliteration in the rest of the poem is wonderful, as well; there are too many examples to list, but some of my favourites were: "weeping walls," "dusty dreams," and "swallow's sorrow."

The fourth stanza is my favourite, overall, as the images of "molten sunsets" and "corsets [hidden] in my heart" are just mind-blowing.

This is a good poem by you, Mirabella. Keep up the lovely work. :)
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
Rooted ... alongside ... ... lavender and thyme

Heart's sown ... ... a garden of ... ... déjà vu

Where sunlight slants between green-blue

And ... merry bees ... pollinate

While chlorophyll brews life

Distilling ... ... ... honey

For mead soul needs

To forget

Her past

Life.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
this is beautiful.. lalalove the imagery.. thanks for the reviews, by the way :]