Reviews for Above the Influence
RokitToMars chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Aww, that ending was really sweet.

Can't stop smiling now!

Oh, and rapist van for the win.

Hehe.

This was well written, I can tell you put time in it.

But yay, smut for the win (:

And cuteness at the end.

Cool (:
sweetdonalbain81507 chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
You know, I was actually kind of disappointed when they started hooking up, because I love friendship, but you made it work. You see friends suddenly getting together all the time, and it doesn't make sense, but this did. You built up the chemistry to the point that it was totally logical that they'd go further than friendship.

I loved the swearing and the drug use, because again, you read so often about the "bad boy" who actually doesn't do anything more frowned upon than wear tight jeans and a piercing. This was raw and kind of annoying and totally real. That was a compliment, by the way; I know it didn't really come out as one.

Anyway. I liked this story a lot.
pretensions chapter 1 . 5/18/2010
oh, man, i love drunk teenaged boys gettin' it on! this was so sweet and funny with awesome bff vibes. miles nate alfkjsdlkf
kalianne900 chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
Wow, this is really well written. I was pretty much just expecting smut with very little in the way of anything else, but the character development and the dialogue between Nate and Miles is impressively realistic. I was really glad that they both retained a certain amount of embarrassment and incredulity throughout their experimentation.

Keep it up )
The Reader chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
wow. just wow. this story is so touching. i'm not a fan of swearing and i don't know if it was that, but this story felt so real, so genuine. These characters are beautiful, carefully crafted and natural and their emotions are so raw and real. You should write more like this because i would totally read it. Or continue this story, show Miles and Nate as they go to Vancouver. I also liked how Miles has this bad boy type quality yet at the end he gets a sentimental and sweet and hopelessly in love. I liked how Nate contrasted with Miles in being the student who got good enough grades and tried to do things right and didn't really have a strong spine but he had his rough qualities (i.e. the swearing and the drug use). The sex wasn't the entirely the main focus of the story, the feelings were, which is good. Your writing kept me engaged from beginning to end and i look forward to reading more about these characters in the future. Keep up the good work. :)
mousegirl05 chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
It's awesome how believable your characters come off... like they really could be the kid in the back of the class and the front, respectively. *laughs* I liked how Miles had their future all planned out and hadn't really bothered to say it clearly before this, and how Nate had completely missed it. That was priceless. Cheers!
Poptart Guava King chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
epicness.
I.Wannabe.Classy chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
There's this scale thing on my head that went crazy and throughout my first reading I went.. Whoa there is connection, tension, dialogue and effin' amazing syntax/style.

There are lot's of slash fiction with the characters at the place in their life where change is happening, they're still young and blahblah.

You made it work without incoporating teendrama, there's is no overreaction, adorable guy bromance along with the romance. The story flows smoothly without unnecessary bumps.

Dude I love this.
meeg chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
total love, right here, in this one-shot.
lilaclia chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
Well ... this is the second slash fic I've ever read. Second. not a lot. My friends in rel life and on here are addicted to the stuff, but the first one I read, I liked it, but it just wasn't .. good enough. But, can I just say that I'm definetly going to be reading more now? I loved this so much, you've completely changed my opinion on it, though. I felt odd reading this at first, but I ended up liking it a lot at the end. The detail is great and the character interaction was practically flawless, because Miles and Nate interacted like any two teenage boys would, despite that they were attracted t each other they still behaved like best friends would and had that level of attraction. Great Job :D
decklan kodak chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
I loved this story alot
zoo-bie chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
This was so adorable and sexy and funny and cute and a bunch of other adjectives. Great work!
Anti-Socialite chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I fucking loved this! If you ever feel the urge to use these two again, please don't resist.
Hell's first Icicle chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I'm a little speechless. I love this so fucking much.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4