Reviews for Like Toy Soldiers
SecretAgent99 chapter 2 . 4/3/2011
Another well written chapter, though there were just a couple of typos here and there. This chapter had several events that I think helped to add to the story and make it more interesting to readers and make them want to continue to read more. I can't say whether or not the story seems like Axis Piwers Hetalia, as I've never watched it. Overall, it was a good second chapter. I think you've got a solid story here. :) Good job. - SA99
SecretAgent99 chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
"He's pure and good and strong, and he's fought hard enough for long enough to gain his rank with relative ease."

It would sound better if you said "He's pure, good, and strong,..."

"General Beilschmidt, age 25, 6'3", knows how this war his kicked his country in the side and stomped it in the face while it was bleeding on the ground."

It should be "...how this war has kicked his country..."

Other than that, I think this was a solid good chapter. I think the writing itself was written well. It seemed frank and to the point, but it served itself well and helped to draw the reader in. The only thing is that it doesn't help to make the reader want to move forward onto the next chapter. I, as the reader, don't know what the main point of the story is through this first chapter. There isn't enough information or intrigue given to make me want to continue to the story to find out what happens. Just some food for thought. :)

-SA99, from A Bucketload of Reviews
ephemeral dance chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Hi, Sammy!

Well first of all, this is pretty spotless technically speaking, which I expected of you, of course! This is a great little introduction to the story-I assume the following chapters will be longer? Anyway, normally it doesn't really work when authors tell and don't show their characters (like with Jones and his ideal American boy appearance), but it works in this setting because this is a war, this is the military and there's that dehumanization aspect of it.

Anyway, the end sets everything up perfectly and is gripping and wonderful at making the reader want to see the events played out. Great job! :3
EatMoreBread chapter 1 . 5/23/2010