Reviews for Modern cities where mirrors are broken for fun
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Review Marathon this weekend (link in my profile)

I love the alliteration in the first line. Those two words worked really well together.

The first sentence in this piece seemed a little bit like a runon to me. Maybe grammatically it was correct, but it seemed to go on forever when I was reading it.

The piece is really well done though. Your descriptions as always are really great. I also like the repetition of walk. It really created the idea of you walking a lot for me. I also think the format is nice here. It's different from your usual format and it was a nice change.
Isca chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
"The bullhorn breaks through the fog." I love the onomatopoeic feel of "bullhorn breaks." Great opening line.

"The macadam." I always like how specific you are; it really adds depth to the piece.

"The thrust of my skull southward." You have such a wonderful way with words, Juliet. I'm never anything less than impressed. :)
MargaretGraves chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
This is very pretty (my definition of pretty is definitely different than most, but it's the only way I can even describe this). I lovelovelove the last line. :)
YasuRan chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
'Tis a powerful image you've painted with your poetry once again, Juliet. Well done!
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Aah so beautiful.

'and I walk,

walk, and walk, watch the tug boats twirl on invisible corners in the water and edges of the bruise on

my leg as it turns dusky, turns my flesh into night itself.'

Beautiful, beautiful words. :)

Great job - keep writing.