Reviews for No Way Out
Mataoaka chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Nice one! Romeo and Juliet has been done to death, but this is a new (read creepy & sinister) twist on it for sure. I really thought he was going to dig her up at the end, definitely didn't expect the twist. One thing - I would like to see his reasons for it, I know it's a one-shot and all, but maybe a little hint? Other than that, good job!
cheveux roux chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
My grandmother has a serious fear of being buried alive (she told us that she needs a cell phone buried with her, unless she gets cremated), so this really struck with me. It's incredibly well-written, with Joan's terror nearly palpable. I was honestly shocked when Rick was at her funeral, and even more shocked with his last words! Even though it was a one-shot, it had a lot of twists and turns. Very nicely written, and well done.
Charel Lebl chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I love the connection you made with R&J! It fits perfectly, and I can even tell that the characters are quite a bit alike. The way you wrote it makes it flow perfectly, you have a really good style. Once again, your grammar is flawless, unlike some other stories I've read that have so many mistakes, you can't bear to read them. Keep writing!

CL
FoSizzle chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wow what a scumbag! It's funny, though, because I thought he was going to be good right up until he was alone, like he was going to dig her out of the ground in a brave move or something... Or maybe that's just me believing in the good guys ;) But that would be terrible, being buried alive and still waiting for someone to rescue you from your grave! *shivers* good job!
Young Cali Punk chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
O, spooky. That's a pretty bad-ass premise, girl buried alive in the name of love only to get betrayed. I look forward to seeing if there will be any more to this start, Joan is a woman scorned, with a fury of which hell hath no. I see something extremely sinister and uncomfortable in Rick's immediate future.
i88 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
This was cold. I loved it! It was dark and romantic, two things in this world that are hard to pull off but you did them excellently. Snaps for you:)
YasuRan chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Ooh, how nasty of him. Definitely liked the 'tragic' ending to this tale. I think it could have been a bit longer thougher with some emphasis on the reasoning behind Rick's motives. Still, overall, great way to break out of the mold with this one ;)
Purple Sky Juliet chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
O_O That was awesome. I love the play Romeo and Juliet, and that just gave a really horribly awesome alternate ending. Good job!
Tamaria chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Rick's kinda creepy.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this story, not only because the ending was so unexpected, but also because of how dark the story is.