Reviews for No Way Out
Mataoaka chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Nice one! Romeo and Juliet has been done to death, but this is a new (read creepy & sinister) twist on it for sure. I really thought he was going to dig her up at the end, definitely didn't expect the twist. One thing - I would like to see his reasons for it, I know it's a one-shot and all, but maybe a little hint? Other than that, good job!
cheveux roux chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
My grandmother has a serious fear of being buried alive (she told us that she needs a cell phone buried with her, unless she gets cremated), so this really struck with me. It's incredibly well-written, with Joan's terror nearly palpable. I was honestly shocked when Rick was at her funeral, and even more shocked with his last words! Even though it was a one-shot, it had a lot of twists and turns. Very nicely written, and well done.
Charel Lebl chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I love the connection you made with R&J! It fits perfectly, and I can even tell that the characters are quite a bit alike. The way you wrote it makes it flow perfectly, you have a really good style. Once again, your grammar is flawless, unlike some other stories I've read that have so many mistakes, you can't bear to read them. Keep writing!

FoSizzle chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Wow what a scumbag! It's funny, though, because I thought he was going to be good right up until he was alone, like he was going to dig her out of the ground in a brave move or something... Or maybe that's just me believing in the good guys ;) But that would be terrible, being buried alive and still waiting for someone to rescue you from your grave! *shivers* good job!
Young Cali Punk chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
O, spooky. That's a pretty bad-ass premise, girl buried alive in the name of love only to get betrayed. I look forward to seeing if there will be any more to this start, Joan is a woman scorned, with a fury of which hell hath no. I see something extremely sinister and uncomfortable in Rick's immediate future.
i88 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
This was cold. I loved it! It was dark and romantic, two things in this world that are hard to pull off but you did them excellently. Snaps for you:)
YasuRan chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Ooh, how nasty of him. Definitely liked the 'tragic' ending to this tale. I think it could have been a bit longer thougher with some emphasis on the reasoning behind Rick's motives. Still, overall, great way to break out of the mold with this one ;)
Purple Sky Juliet chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
O_O That was awesome. I love the play Romeo and Juliet, and that just gave a really horribly awesome alternate ending. Good job!
Tamaria chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Rick's kinda creepy.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this story, not only because the ending was so unexpected, but also because of how dark the story is.