Reviews for Blink
wittylass13 chapter 2 . 9/21/2011
Ahh so we meet the boy who talks to machines, though it starts off with a little bit of cliche with the bully cousin but I like the tone it sets. Here is little gamer Collin with some type of past that his mom gets weepy over trying to behave like an adult. You can just hear his voice coming through the writing, its really captivating. And I like the little addition of the fact that he is "On A Budget" you can just imagine how many times his harried mother would have told him that for it to be in caps like that, its a little subtle hint into what his life is like. There's just enough little nuances and hints that you get his back story without having to spell it all out like some other authors try to do.

I like that he likes comic books and deals with his Gift so maturely. Usually I get frustrated with characters that have some type of power because they never seem to do the proper practice but here is this little kid that is trying to do something with his, he wants to do be better at it.

Again I find myself trying to find something wrong and i can't. It really is good fiction and I'm glad that I stumbled onto your story from the Project Fiction site
wittylass13 chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
I just wanted to say that your writing is beautiful, very rarely do I stumble on story on this site that has this amount of fluidity and skill. The way you describes scenes is gorgeous and I don't find myself wanting to skim through your writing because it really draws me in.

I love the concept of being able to blink and suddenly you are somewhere else and she doesn't even realize that only she can do it.

I love this line "she wishes. the univers adjusts" its just perfect. I want to offer some form of constructive criticism but all I can do is gush about how lovely it is so far. I look forward to reading the rest of the chapters and seeing how the rest of the plot turns out because the synopsis was so intriguing. the boy who talks to machines? well done!
TheArtfulJamie chapter 20 . 8/11/2011
Fantastic. Really. Update soon!
jo chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
This story is absolutely amazing! Your imagery is so thorough and creative - it paints such a clear picture of Sol's house. I love the way you don't rush through character descriptions or events. Thanks for taking your time while writing - it was beautifully simple, and refreshingly uncluttered. One chapter in, and I'm already hooked.
Merlin's Pants chapter 16 . 6/13/2011
Aaand at home I live near all of those Massachussetts stories, so weeiirdd. I know all of the highways you talked about haha
Merlin's Pants chapter 15 . 6/13/2011
Oh and I actually go to school where the real Bethlehem Steel is haha, I thought that was funny
Merlin's Pants chapter 14 . 6/13/2011
Wow, I love this! This is such an original take on a superhero story and it is written so eloquently. The plot unfolds so naturally and everything happens at a perfect pace. I'm addicted to this!
Preposterous chapter 20 . 5/12/2011
Shocker! Vinton is such an intriguing character. I can't wait to hear more about his story.
ArtIsLife chapter 20 . 5/11/2011
Great chapter. Keep it going!
ArtIsLife chapter 19 . 5/5/2011
I love this story. It has such a comicbook feel to it! Capturing that in a story is something I would never be able to accomplish. You are amazing.
Preposterous chapter 19 . 5/3/2011
And the lemon tree leads her astray.

My heart's pounding. Seriously, please update soon.
Preposterous chapter 2 . 5/2/2011
I'm surprised this story isn't on 10 different favorites' lists! It's awesome!

Your witty writing is commendable. It really spices up the narrating voice.

Please continue to update!
Olivander chapter 19 . 5/1/2011
I love this story so much, especially Sol! She's such a great character, probably one of my favorites of all time. The plot is amazing and exciting and I can't wait until you post the next chapter. :D
toMORROWacshuly chapter 18 . 2/28/2011
E! so happy you updated. i LOVE this story! superheroes galore . funny too. cant wait till the next chapter! :))
EmptySh3ll chapter 18 . 2/28/2011
Reunited! I don't remember the rest of the song, but I'm sure you get the gist of it. Yeah for the update. The whole exchange of colin finding sol was a little rushed, but I guess it was a rushed scene.
118 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »