Reviews for Seared by Desire
Ghost reader chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Ok so I love this story and find it very refreshing since it isn't a werewolf story and still not entirely a vampire story but something that stands alone. I do love a good werewolf story but sice Twilight made it big there has been a market saturation of them and not all of them have been good like yours, but because this is something different and well written I love this story and look forward to your other instalments to this series. Oh and update soon! I know I haven't reviewed for you in the past but your cliff hangers kill me!
flowingypsy chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Self sacrifice for love, please don't let her die it would be awful and break Lucian's heart.

I think you're getting less feedback because everyone is back at school now and probably because some people prefer wolves over vampires. It doesn't bother me I like this story a lot because it has fire elementals and most stories don't include the other supernatural beings.

Thank you for updating I glad your hand is better :)
samthur chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
uhh ooh.. Lucian will not be happy when he wakes up...

that was a great chapter! I was so sad that you didn't update last week!
rosieroo chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
oh wow, a bit of a cliffhanger!

to answer your question at the beginning, i havent actually read the wolf series! I think I read the first one ages ago but didn't read the rest of them. Plus, this story appeals to me more then the others! (no offence!) I think the imagination and creativity in this story is amazing, and I really do love this story!
Robinbird chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Where to start?

You're other stories were finished by the time I got to them, so really, I can't comment on the lack of reviews for that area. I would have liked to actually have reviewed sooner and a bit consistently for this story, but the last three weeks literally has been filled with a lack of internet access. Storms are a big problem where I am. And what little time I've been allowed has been filled up with homework, email, and updating my own story. D:

But! The lines are fixed, so that should equal more reviews from me.

As for comments on the story:

I like the elements idea. Different, and yet a familiar concept that the audience can bring in their own knowledge and mythology on the gifts to fill in the gaps and make guessing for your other stories exciting. I also like the mixing of Vampire love interest and a person with the element of fire. Fire usually means a Vamps' worst nightmare in just about every story I've ever come across. So you're take on how Lucian is actually not only able to withstand Sara's fire, but help her control it is quite brilliant, and innovative on your part.

Now, I'm all for the romance, when it's done right. You've done and excellent job show us a building relationship, though I do have a few remarks and reservations on this. I particularly liked the relationship between Tobias and Alex in your original story, A Wolf's Duty. Why? Because it felt like that relationship developed in a slightly more realistic time table. Granted, the rest of your stories don't feel rushed in that department, and I don't wanna read story after story were it takes 40 odd chapters for anything to develop. At the same time, maybe letting the romance and trust and acknowledgment of the other build a little more might not be a bad thing. In this case, I think your time table is about right. It feels like there is already a lot going on, and wasting three chapters trying to build a relationship with no plot drive just drags the story. So just something to consider when writing your others, I guess.

Regarding background characters: I feel like you do a better job than most, but there is something missing. Maybe it is just how they come and go. I don't know. Just it feels like in this story, your background characters aren't as... they don't... they don't stick as immediately in your head, like they did in your past stories. Does that make sense?

Either way, lovely update. I really want to see what happens next when Lucian wakes up. (8

-Robin
SJ chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
O

M

G

aw self sacrifice soo sweet but so sad. i hope she doesnt die. n ur stroies are great dont change them. its just fine the way it is. mayeb ur getting less reviews because some pl like wolves more than bats...but really who cares those who are reviewing are what matter. we are reading ur stories n they r great.

keep up the good work glad to hear ur hand is better _
June's vampire chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Why did the demons attack? I'm so curious! Please update soon
let.this.go chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Me again! I also wanted to say that it could be because it has been focusing on the war a lot. I find that part of the story interesting, but maybe that isn't as interesting to some people as the romance and the drama involved with the romance. I do agree with checkyesdana that the wolves were a little more playful, and maybe people liked that better, but I think the seriousness fits these characters and their surroundings.

Also, Gareth wasn't thinking at all. He is ready to let Sara die to save Lucian, but they were just discussing how Lucian would never recover if he lost Sara. And he would fade into nothing without her blood because only her blood gives him strength or heals him. They need each other to survive. Sara is a strong woman. She's survived so much, I don't think Lucian will be too big of a problem for her.

I can't wait until the next update! It definitely cheers up my Mondays!
Tzotel431 chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Gah! Cliffhangers are evil!

Um, I LOVE this story, I don't know about anyone else but I like the plot. I like that the idea is different and new and it is wonderful to read. You write brilliantly, and your characters are multifaceted, so I see absolutely nothing wrong with this!
let.this.go chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
I do like this story as much as the wolf series. I think the difference is that these characters have been apart for a lot of the story, so there's not quite as much interaction to get a feel for them as a couple. Also, their relationship started a lot faster than in the wolf series. Even though they were mated in the wolf series, you got to see a progression in the feelings and the entire relationship. With this story, they pretty much had feelings from the get-go. Maybe if you go into that part of the story you will get more feedback like you did with the wolf series. I loved the characters and setting in the wolf series, so it's just different to go from that world to this one. Maybe people are just adjusting still, because this story and the characters are just as enjoyable. Great chapter!
Eve Xiong chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
I'm sorry that ou have been feeling neglected from your readers. I have been following your stories for a very very long time now. And I absolutely love your work, the details and intensity you incorporate into your work. I don't have anything to say really but that I love it. And I can't wait to see what will happen when Lucian wakes up! There's not much to comment on other than that I sincerely wish you could update faster. :) however, as I'm on the bus waiting to get to work this is all I'll write for now. From now on though I will do my best to update every week so you know this loyal reader is here.
Kassandra Duric chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
Gee, I know they both have good intensions, but they're both gerks. Gareth because he truely doesn't give a flying fat rats ass about Sara, and Russle because he doesn't want to risk anything to help Lucian. lol Wonder what Lucian is going to do to them when he wakes.

And as for the responce thing to this story, I think it's just because it's a new story, it doesn't have your wolves in it but instead it has vampires in it. I don't think it has anything to do with the story it's self. In my oppinion it's just as good as the wolf series. _
efra chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
love it
FlowerGirl7 chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
I love all your stories, great to hear ur hand is better! the wolves series where excellent and i really enjoyed them, and i think you are doing a really good job on this one, cant wait to read more x
checkyesdana chapter 21 . 9/13/2010
i really do enjoy this but for some reason it is not as addicting as the wolves. Maybe it becuase vampires arent that interesting to me or becuase their love is a little too serious. i felt although the wolves had some intense time, the love was playful. I wish i could pinpoint it better for you
1,123 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »