Reviews for The Sound of Snowfall
akakoogoo chapter 9 . 8/13/2012
I loved it. Jade speaking in the first chapter totally hooked me into reading more. I really like the way Jade and Wes would dance around each other. Good story!
alexisrenee chapter 9 . 7/31/2012
Oh my goodness... I just... OH my. That was the sweetest story I think I've read in a long time. Jade and Wes's romance is so delicate and innocent, despite Jade's experience in matters of the body and Wes' experience in the heart. Oh and just look at me now, you've got me thinking metaphorically again! Let me just tell you that very few stories can make me melt like yours has. If this was an ebook I would certainly buy it!
IttyBittyDice chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
Hiya! I'm loving this story so far, but this is really a recommendation the the new title for the crowned jewel. Perhaps "the viper's mask" would be fitting? Since a great deal of the story centers around the mask itself, the effects, what it hides, it is a very big thing, plus it sounds cool. I would at least glance at a book with that title. If not pick it is and start flipping through right away.-
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 9 . 5/11/2012
just utterly beautiful. i loved this story. what a craftswoman you are! lovely and delightful at every turn!
NormaJean Beausoleil chapter 3 . 5/9/2012
this paragraph made me laugh aloud: Mother had taken to the stairs like a shot, Jade had leaped up like a scalded cat from his rest, and then there had been much shouting at Sasha, and then much comforting Pit, who had woken in tears at all the noise.

-Throughout it, I had absently brushed a crushed centipede from the blankets, stared at the ceiling, and started thinking about sex. - :-D
JHeartbreak chapter 9 . 4/27/2012
I really enjoyed this story. You are very good at characterization of minor figures - I never once got confused about who was who in the whole big family and community. Westar is a very good narrator - he adds immensely to the story with his unconscious charm.

I feel like your story is held back a bit by your rational mind. You have these fantastical ideas that you seem to want to bind into literal, rational explanations. I think it would be stronger, and more compelling, if you let your imagination colour outside of the lines a little. For example, the ending, while adequate, feels more like your trying to solve a problem in a practical way than it feels like a fitting end of the narrative for the characters. It's like instead of being a fantasy story it's become an annoying problem we need to solve, like mildew in the shower or organizing a get-together with friends.

I have a lot of ideas about fantasy novels and the imagination, but I won't go into them all here.
i-wish-i-had-wings chapter 9 . 10/17/2011
this was so poetic and beautiful! it just had this sexy, dreamy quality to it.

i like how they didn't "come out" or anything, everything was just flowing and natural. i do wish jade would have gotten another job, though..i'm not really into sharing, but i guess wes didn't mind p

Crystalynn chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
This is read number 2! It occurred to me that originally, I wasn't sure exactly how Pit went about predicting the weather. I wasn't sure about electricity and the hopes of a radio, nor why they choose Pit of all people to keep up with something like that. I thought maybe he was talking to gods or something? But now I just plain don't know, since they live by firelight and whatnot.

Next, though this is nothing new, I was taken in by the complexity and originality of Jade's speech. The element of humor is also present, in just enough instances and in just the right places to make it flow naturally and feel anything but forced and injected. I laughed out loud when Wes realized "bonking" must be fore "entertainment."

Exotic and clever, are the words I might use to encompass this whole chapter, with the obvious "entertaining" left to your very safe assumption.

I recall reading this BEFORE reading the crowned jewel, but now that I've read both, I wonder why Jade did not simply tell mother that he was employed there but not necessarily as a courtesan, since he didn't get much privilege to entertain guests anyway.
Steph T chapter 9 . 5/8/2011
i truly enjoyed reading this. it was original and the character's speech was different but welcome. Well done on a wonderful story.
Mewenn chapter 9 . 4/12/2011
OMG I want to adopt Pit! He's so cute (yes, I know the story was about Wes and Jade, they were cute too but…) Pit! You have to write something else wit him in it! Pretty pretty please *puppy eyes*

So I mainly wanted to say the above but since I'm here I guess I can congratulate you also for a very good story (kidding), actually I got so hooked on this story that I had to think very hard on the long day waiting for me and the hell it would be if I didn't get some sleep, and then I actually read some more instead of going to bed, it was a very long day, that's why I'm only reviewing now though I've finished the story for over twelve hours.

But seriously? Pitfall, you need to write more of him.
Silver chapter 9 . 4/8/2011
You have left me speechless. As you seen fond of metaphor, I shall leave you my own meager offerings:

Even as the moon is jealous of the earth, she loves it; though she gazes constantly upon its cerulean shell, her craterous eyes never blink. She is caught in the gravitational pull of the earth's molten core, and it is impossible for her to look away. But the moon can sustain only the barest reflection of the sun's true heat, and nothing more; in her rocky core, she is nothing but stone. The sun showers the earth with golden warmth and inspires growth in return, as the moon watches in envy. And so the earth circles the sun, and the moon circles the earth, and the earth cares nothing for the pale, waning love of the moon.

I hope that was not too, shall we say, _conceited_ of me?
The-Angel-Illusion chapter 9 . 1/18/2011
Wow amazing story!
frolic-horror chapter 9 . 1/11/2011
The story, much like the characters, was lovely.

I found it challenging at times to figure out just what Jade was saying. I'm not sure if it's because English is not my mother tongue or because the metaphores were tricky. I liked reading them all the same.
Wicked Neko chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
Kya! what a CUTE ending! I LOVED IT!

You have no idea how many times I screamed into my pillow while reading this! xD

Wes is just so adorable... I'm so freaking happy everything worked out. C:
shyd1 chapter 9 . 12/1/2010
Oh wow. This was such a wonderful story! The characters were all so wonderful.

I especially loved how West's emotions and feelings (and well, himself as an individual) really changed and matured throughout the story. They were so gradual as to be so realistic and so perfect that I never questioned them. It always felt so right. I really felt his wide eyed adoration of Lee in the beginning, and nearing the end my heart just ached for him and Jade. So beautiful.

Just, wonderful.