Reviews for The Sound of Snowfall
plumblossom chapter 8 . 9/29/2010
I personally don't think that there's anything wrong with the original title.

But as for this story - I'm wondering what's going to happen to Lee?
ExoticErotica chapter 8 . 9/29/2010
Ahh! It is so cruel of you to NOT give us a sex scene! XD

Just plain cruel!

In other news, this chapter is excellent. :) The first half had me scared to death and SCREAMING at Wes "JUST SAY YES!" while the other half ad me sighing like a lovestruck schoolgirl.

Truly excellent, as your stories always are. But seriously, maybe just an M-rated one-shot? How could you leave us hanging?

Also, do Sasha and Lee hook up or what? I thought they would!
Qui chapter 8 . 9/29/2010
I LOVE YOU. Have I said that? Oh, I think I have. Well, it bears repeating.

1) I've already submitted my title suggestion, but the fact that there's an epilogue makes me very, very happy, since now I'm not torn over whether or not I should beg for more.(I generally try not to because I hate when people do it to me...). I shall await it patiently

2) You did a very good job with not meeting the cliches that you were trying to avoid. I think there's maybe a slight imbalance towards educating Jade about the country (the jaded (sorry) city-dweller learns about friendship, family and love from the friendly farm family)-but it's an effect of the story's setting and characters, and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

3) uh...I didn't even notice Westar's mistakes, so I'm no help there. BUT I will say that I'm very impressed with authors who put that kind of consideration into their characters; it helps build lovely worlds and realistic characters.

4) I'm afraid I have no ideas on where to take these guys, but I'll be sure to read whatever you come up with!
Crystalynn chapter 2 . 9/20/2010
Unless I'm utterly insane, Westar becomes the first one to use the term "courtesan" in this chapter.

I thought that was kind of out of character for him. I wouldn't imagine him knowing a word like that unless Jade had already said it beforehand, which I don't think he did.

That threw me off way back when I first read the story, so now during my reread I thought I'd point it out.
Crystalynn chapter 7 . 9/15/2010
Oh no! D: It's just so sad! Bittersweet, I should say but still!

I think the fact that I know Jade and Seba even better now makes it even more sad, but also that much more beautiful.

I find myself wishing, absurdly or not, that they could just be together. Jade doesn't even like his life at the jewel D: Without Seba he must be so lonely!

On another note, and undoubtedly another opportunity to make myself look bipolar, I realized today that your writing... It just has a breathtaking beauty that nothing else can top.

I found myself angered today. By American society. By the hacks and mediocre authors that get published and made famous, while the truly talented retain humble anonymity.

Such is the fate of an author. A scientist. the truly talented. The superbly ingenious. Outshone by those most willing to sell out and bare their bodies instead of their souls.

What a sad, sad society if anything. It has somehow saddened me more than seeing the end drawing on your beautiful love story.
Wren chapter 7 . 9/10/2010
If Adrian is coming than I'm so excited! I was so happy when Sebastian came. I hope that West goes back with them to the city, it'll be so interesting. I'll look forward to another update.
ntm12 chapter 7 . 9/10/2010
wow! this is a really different but quite amazing story..i can't wait to read the rest. :)
Genlisae chapter 7 . 9/10/2010
This has been wonderful to read so far and I can not wait for more.
overlordpotatoe chapter 7 . 9/9/2010
Ah, something good to read! Thank you. This is a really good story, and not like anything I've ever read before.
Turn on the Light chapter 7 . 8/31/2010
Seeing another chapter makes nearly want to squeal and skip with joy, but I'll leave it and grinning madly. And, er, excuse my lond rant, and jumping from one thing to another.

Before the last chapter, for some reason, I always thought that Jade was bigger than Westar. I also thought Westar was younger, too. But that's just because my mind works that way sometimes, and creates images in my head I can never really shake off, even if what I see in my head is like, worlds apart then what the person actually looks like...

For the life of me I still can't understand what a numen is. I don't think it's because you didn't describe them well enough, but more along the lines of "I've never heard of that magical creature so I'm not sure what to make of it in my head." Like, um, if you decribed a fairy, without actually using the word fairy, I would still know what it was, seeing as I've heard of them before. Er, that is, if it's supposed to be a magical creature in the first place. Or something along those lines.

Is it just me, or did Sebastian seem a little more... um "festive" (since decorative wouldn't fit) than normal? I never really took him as one to enjoy conversation about what materials clothes were made of and the like. Maybe it's just the womanly hormones talking? If he did take a gender change pill in the first place... Ugh, I think too much into things... and I am afraid I just made myself sound infinitely stupid throught this whole thing. Woe is me.

-End rant, thankfully.
bronsautracks chapter 7 . 8/27/2010
they're so perfectly adorable together. c:
AsiaLisek chapter 7 . 8/27/2010
Haha, princess Sebastian. It all clicked together at that moment - for some reason forgetting that he indeed did the shapeshifting thing for the general public, as well as the hint about "his father being sent". Lol. XD

Oh so melancholy. _ The hopeless romantic inside me wishes this a happy ending twist (somehow). **bites nails in anticipation**
Aime Atem chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
Your writing is lovely, and this story may be the most lovely of all of yours that I've had the pleasure to read. Every update means pleasant dreams. I will be both sad and sated to see it end.
Chibko chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
! I was thinking, Adrian, Princess... Jade? Sebastian! hehe Clever. Does Sebastian travel around in the form of a princess normally?

Oh Jade and Wes... Why must things be so complicated for you two? I understand the difficulty of giving voice to a feeling that is new and inexplicable, but Wes, if you lose Jade, will things ever be the same?
Vera Dicere chapter 7 . 8/26/2010
still utterly in love with this. you had me twisting up in knots right along with wes and melting at the sweetness of the end. definitely looking forward to the end here and hoping that things get resolved happily.
99 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »