Reviews for Wise China
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
One of the sweetest short stories I have read, really liked this one.
minealready chapter 1 . 4/27/2012
Loved it, a very good short story.
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
You've never written anything that ever gave me a shimmer of disappointment, and this follows your tradition. Granted, I think I miss your writing more than anything in the entire world, I'll wait patiently, and ration what you have placed on FP wisely. However, today was a good day and I'm glad I read this. I've never wanted a teaset more in my whole life.
anon chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
This is so adorable and sweet!
purplehost chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I love the fact that it took him two times crashing his car for them to get together.
Pink Bead Girl chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
I found your story to be utterly captivating. If I had to select a single word to describe it that word would be "charming".

It was serious and lighthearted at the same time. I found the facts about Douglas very engaging and both the physical descriptions of he and Robert and their characteristics and quirks were so well done. I felt I knew them and you achieved the ultimate aim of every writer; you made me care about what was happening to them. I needed to know that these two thoroughly nice men would end up together and happy and you didn't let me down. So well written and just totally enjoyable.

Loved the interaction with and the inner workings of Ben the sheepdog's mind. Amusing and clever.

So thank you very much, I liked this very much indeed.
5redroses chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I absolutely adore this! Hahaha I can't believe he went so far as to crash on purpose :D
nyarale chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
thank you for posting this story. It really made me smile. I left a review for it a while ago on the_slash_pile and forgt to tell you about it. I hope you don't mind. :)
thistlepaws chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
A very sweet story. I enjoyed the lighthearted tone you used and the dog's perspective too.

This is going to be another one of my favourites.
Idurre chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
Oh dear, I cannot tell you how many times I wondered, "where on earth is this going?" But I got my happy ending, and Robert and Douglas got theirs. Wonderfully written.
jaybey chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
This was completely totally and utterly beautiful. And I love the unrepentant Britishness of it all. There are far too many Americans on the Internet, it makes you forget that things are supposed to be World Wide. Darling, you've honestly made my day.
Vera Dicere chapter 1 . 5/9/2010
this was a cute story. and a nice break from end of the year crazy when i read it the other day. i like your fluff, although i do also thoroughly enjoy your angsty things. but this was short and sweet. :)
CiraArana chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
I really loved this. From the first sentence onward, and I just had to read it to my colleague to share the fun.

Very evocative writing, especially the atmosphere on that morning when the boys first met. Had me holding my breath and shivering. I swear I heard the sheep bleating.

The boys are so adorable. And the dog's point of view? Hilarious. The shifting points of view, the mild irony towards the characters - and a very rural setting just reminded me a little of Jane Austen.

And a very nice little story about beauty and the symbolism of a tea cup. :)
ShadesWithLove chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
This is really sweet! :D
beekster chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
this is unique and innovative and charming and wonderful.

wow.

wow!

this made me so emotionally involved even if i was only smiling.

i like ben and his thoughts.

wow.

[i am sorry if this review makes no sense. in my defense, i was just blown away by your story.]