Reviews for Duet
Natari Mirumura chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Very very nice. I gre fond of the last line. It was superb and so is this poem. Amazing, keep it up :D
FixitfelixJRJRJR chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I like it, but Harper's seems like an odd word choice.

-Nahaylem
Raebie chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
I think this is my favorite of your writing so far, probably because it specifically mentions music.

As stated on my profile, I'm completely addicted to music, so I'm drawn to things like these.

Well done!
Anomander chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Simple, clever, nice and effective. You've got a thing for haiku.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
I love how you put the listener and the artist on an equal plane here. and its true, the best music will engulf you til the music , the musician and the listener feel part of the one same entity. Nice!
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
I like the word 'sinuous', it reminds me of physics graphs.. And nice word play. I like the idea that the instrument resonates the musician's mind.
Thenardier chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Poetical, lyrical, beautiful.
Isca chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
I love your use of the word "sinuous" in the opening. To be honest, it gave the haiku a very 'feminine' quality (as though the notes were 'curvacious'). :)
Humming LadyBug chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
So true. Music can't be played without feelings. It's genius how you incorporated such a thoughts-provoking tone in a simple haiku.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
Lovely haiku. I think synonymous could have worked just as well as sinuous, but i like the differing imagery sinuous presents.
William G. Thorne chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
wonderful poem, music and poetry go hand in hand as far as I am concerned. I am sure anyone with any musical talent can appreciate this poem.

-William
nickyO chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I like the nice, easy tone to this poem. One of things that I love about music is that it is a different way to laugh, cry, smile, shout. In other words it helps to express the power and passion in our emotions in ways that other forms of communication can't. There's a lot of release in music and I think you've captured that idea here along with the synergy that comes in the act of creating.

And if I take the idea one step out, it also reminds me of the catalyst between muse and artist.
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
That's very true, Punslinger. When playing music, you really have to play from your heart.
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
it's true, only when the musician plays from his heart, the music sound beautiful. nothing else

thought-provoking