Reviews for Autophobia
D.H. L'Orange chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
Geezus that was not the ending I wanted!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
Oh God that was beautiful. I am truly floored. Well done indeed
Bumblebee chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Is there any point beyond crying? If there is, I've reached it :

I'll just pretend that Jake and Sam somehow turned into vampires, then HEA :')
Regal Coat Woman's Daughter chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
...Wait, Jake got turned into one of them, right?

So is he like, sane still?
Saruhno chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I cried.
JudasMonster chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Hello, this story is kewl. Cool story bro. But, can someone explain what happened at the end?

Did the dude like run and go infect Sam so they like could be like zombies together forever or something. Or was it like did he like run away? Explain please :/ Ikr, there's like so many likes. I'm usually more eloquent than this :/
Mangatake chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Wow. Beautiful. Also, very scary. Never read anything so bleak, love it.
Morgue Chan chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Oh my gosh! i can't stop freaking crying TT_TT. . . i mean, i kinda had a feeling it was going to happen but . . . oh my gosh why! any way, it's not often i come across a story that gets me all worked up and emotional. . . you write very well. . . I'm going to go cry some more now . . .
lunasea chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Wow..just..wow. That's all i can say. Just, i loved it. i love stories like this that are based in times like these and theres still a sliver of love involved...and god did i bawl like a baby at the end. I love it love it love it, you my dear are a genius.
leonleon chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
I keep coming back to this story, to read it again and again. I don't have the words to describe how much I love this. It's perfect (even though I'm terrified of what I believe is a certain zombie apocalypse and try to avoid all zombie-related media and also your ending is so bittersweet). Thank you so much for putting this up!
kazoua chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
There's something really... well, romantic about futility. Yeah. Like, because they can't be together and the world is near ending and Sam isn't even GAY!

But, hahaha. Lemme tell you, I have a set of characters - Sam and Jake - and every time I read stories with those names, the characterization blurs. So, I keep imagining my Sam and my Jake in this situation and it's like... bleh.

Anywho, this story is awesome. Legit. Super sad. For, you know, artistic reasons, it's nice that you didn't give them a happy ending. Full circle and all that whatnot.
sassw14 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
This is wonderful. I love zombie/end of the world stories and this really is one of the best short stories I've read on the topic published, on web sites or whatever. Great job, thank you for sharing.
sick at heart chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
What an amazing story. Seriously, I had an almost visceral reaction to the ending. It's so beautifully written and the characters are brilliant. This is one of those works I wish I had written myself, it's that good. Everything about it was perfect. After I read it, I immediately went back and reread it.

The ending is awesome, but I'm a little confused about the last line. I feel stupid, but when Jake says something inside him found the strength to stand up and run, I don't really know what that means? Is that something his humanity? Meaning that he turned fully zombie? Or was Jake literally standing up and running? Or did his amazing immune system defeat the virus? Although I doubt that. Knowing me, it's probably something really obvious and I'm digging too deep... It's ok if you don't explain it, but this story is frickin awesome and deserves like a billion reviews.

]
My Chemical Music Box chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Wow, I've been away from FictionPress for so long I almost forgot my passowrd when it came to leaving this review - but it's works like this that make me glad I came back.

This was a truly wonderful read. The depth of the characters and storyline in just, what? 13,0 words, was it? That's amazing! Disregard any reviews that say it's too long and windy, or that there wasn't enough action - that's what made this perfect.

It's wonderfully written (one spelling mistake and it was so minor I can't even remember where it was) and the fact that the fear of zombies ripping you limb from limb was only implied made it far more powerful when it came to the character-driven ending.

Loved the perspective from Jake near the end as well, 'cause it's incredibly rare to go through that in zombie-media WITH the character.

Poor Jake. Poor SAM. Despite the sadness of it, it was a perfect ending too. Great work and I'll shut up now before I start sounding like a COMPLETE pretentious knob. XD

Keep up the good work! D
CloudsOfRabbits chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I completely love this story. I’m glad I can find a story that’s not written by a 13 year-old girl. Not only that but it’s written beautifully and it’s so real and GAH! I can’t even express how amazing this is because my vocabulary sucks. I’ve already read this twice and I was surprised about the fact I didn’t review before. So yeah. Reviewing. Now. Loved it.
33 | Page 1 .. Last Next »