Reviews for The Other Side of a Star
Arienne chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
Um...this was freaking FANTASTIC! I know I'm the minority & I hope no Deangelo fan girls attack me, but I was for Oliver x Rory since chapter 2 of Kingdom Come. Before I even knew this one shot existed.

Of course the Oliver x Deangelo pairing is hot, but I never felt anything deeper for it. Everything is so carnal when it comes to their relationship, and I know a lot of that is intentional, especially since Dee has a rough, commanding exterior, but I never felt any...sweetness. And their relationship barely had any fluff.

Whereas with Oliver and Rory, yeah they bicker and call each other assholes, but they bake brownies, screw like rabbits, AND cuddle. It's the perfect package!

So I'm really thankful for this story. (Because I really wouldn't have minded if this were the real Kingdom Come. *dodges rocks* Not that I don't like Deangelo...I DO. It's just that Oliver x Rory feels more...idk genuine to me. I think you felt it too which is why you were compelled to write a one shot about them. ;) It's weird but sometimes characters kind of act on their own. I've written a couple stories where I had to rethink some pairings because a certain character naturally fit better with another. Not saying you should do the same thing or feel the same way. Not by any means! I just personally feel like there's something sweet and special in the Oliver x Rory pairing.)

Sorry for rambling, but this one shot really was great. .
TheWitch'sLover chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Loved this, starting to like Rory a little more... :)
Booksaholic chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I just love Oliver and Rory together, I kind of wish there was no Deangelo. Great short :)
Mcgde chapter 1 . 8/3/2012
Enjoyed!
XxDangerousPleasuresxX chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
That was just amazing! I always really loved Rory. I just love his mostly laid-back personality. You make him sound like the the hottest shit around. Lol I wouldnt doubt that he was. :] I had rooted for this pairing from the start, although secretly. I just love when hot guys get frisky...-Shivers- Ahhhh...Good stuff... XD, Great job btw :]

Fenrir
Shy chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
At first I wasn't sure if I liked the idea of Rory x Oliver but I have to say I was very wrong. This was very hot. Now I find myself wondering how Deangelo would handle the fact that Oliver was in a relationship with Rory.
Cailleach64 chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Hot...
tpodiag chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Loved this AU story as well. XD

I always loved Rory! He's just so cute!

I loved their "platonic" realtionship in the real KC story because it kind of screamed "forbidden love" for some reason. XD How they got so close to where you think "YES!" but in the end it was just a casual thing for them.

Loved it all. :3
Derby Girl chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
that was so fricken hot! wow. just think that that could of actually happened... is there going to be a chapter two? i would love to see rory be all 'in your face' to deangelo. it would be hilarious!

totaly on the roryxoliver boat!
tokyoOh chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
is there more?:D
Poptart Guava King chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
Um...I'm on the "apparently Oli is hot no matter who's fucking him senseless" boat. yep. all day. every day. forever. ...
purplehost chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
A bit of sex, some brownies, and situational irony. A perfect mix in my opinion.
AngelicSmiles chapter 1 . 7/2/2010

I'm glad that you did something about their relationship that had nothing to do with the original story. I've always like RoryxOliver, but since the main characters pairing was oliver and Deangelo, I figured if anything did happen between those two, would end badly, considering how Dee acts, and all. And it would make me feel really sorry for Rory...
BrianKinney chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Wow, ok, so who knew Rory had it in him? I certainly didn't!

So... that was hot. *wipes drool off of the keyboard* You're seriously making me root for Rory x Oliver now! This is like a tiny little wish-fulfillment for some smexing between the two that wouldn't happen in the actual story :[. Deangelo just wouldn't let it happen, but after their spat... who knows, right?.

Amazing job on this one, it was YUMMY!
papier.daffys chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Nice take on the possibilities. I kind of want to see D'Angelo possessive and mad...