Reviews for Animus
hendrikboom chapter 6 . 7/9/2010
Aboutt sleep, specifically REM sleep - one of its ffunctions seems to be learning, kind of mulling over everything that's happened an integrating it with everything thzt's already there. It wouldn't suprrise me at all if that's what Victor needs, and it surprises me that the others don't need and don't understand.
hendrikboom chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
this makes a lot more sense than the earlier draft I reviewed on fcrits. That one came across as more dramatic, more confusinv, though, mirroring Victor's confusion. Unfortunately, the change might be just because I already read the first draft and already know what's happening. I can't tell.
Dachande663-ff chapter 16 . 7/4/2010
This is getting interesting. I like the similarities between Rabbit and Wren, can't wait for Vic to try his matrix-Fu out. Here's to hoping you can update soon again!
Darwin chapter 16 . 7/4/2010
You've done an amazing job of Wren weaving his little deception to pull Victor in, and having the internal dialogue gives us another aspect of the tale that he's unwilling to tell at this point.

I wonder how soon, if at all, the truth - all of it will come back to bite Wren square in the arse...

I still don't trust him at all...that long in freefall or not...he's go no right to manipulate another being the way he is with Victor...
Darwin chapter 15 . 7/3/2010
O...this has a lot of really down to earth details in it that I'm liking.

"The raw, hunted look..." o again...or did you mean to say haunted? Hunted works quite eloquently on this though. Give Wren a very cornered feel without having to describe it more deeply.

*blinks* Okay I think I shunted out the part where Victor found out Wren was the one who had him murdered/uploaded...must go back and look. I mean I knew that, I just don't remember Victor finding out...heh...

A really good chapter and seeing Wren's thoughts on Animus is also quite revealing of his character!

Your beta did a wonderful job with this - as did you with the flow of the story!

More please?
Dachande663-ff chapter 15 . 7/2/2010
Another excellent chapter, hope he starts getting the answers he wants. Can't wait for more.
Darwin chapter 14 . 6/20/2010
Each bit I read of this makes me understand the many dynamics of the setting more and more..I like that.

I'm also more and more of the impression that Irsla was never human...and AI? A self-aware program? It is an intriguing thing that she might have gone anywhere and done anything, but chose to help this crew out.

As with most of the recent chapters, I haven't really caught any typos or eye-trip hazards...so well done!

Looking forward to more...as usual!
Fire chapter 14 . 6/18/2010
Interesting evolution of the AI. Can't wait to see the build in Victor and Wren relationship and the representation of Victor's psychic abilities in the new setting.
Dachande663-ff chapter 14 . 6/18/2010
Another excellent chapter, definitely liked the twist at the end! Out of curiosity, do you have some form of computer science background as your descriptions normally make more sense than the vast majority of other authors?
Fire chapter 13 . 6/6/2010
Love the story - well plotted. Am feeling for the characters and enjoying the unfolding.
Darwin chapter 13 . 6/6/2010
It must have taken you forever to fit something in there for the code huh?

well done on that! HEE!

Another really interesting chapter for sure!
Darwin chapter 12 . 6/6/2010
This review is for Chapter Eight (the new one_)

O...interesting little addition...well now we know where Rabbit went...now whether his friend knows that or not...
Dachande663-ff chapter 13 . 6/6/2010
Two great new chapters. Good to see some extra information on the big boss and Rabbit. This story has definitely sucked me in now, no way I can stop reading :) Keep up the good work as always.
Darwin chapter 11 . 5/31/2010
I love how you tease your reader with details in this...nothing so over the top we have all the answers, but not so infuriatingly few and far between that we're screaming for the next tidbit. Nicely played.

I knew there was something wrong with Wren...but the freefall I'm pretty sure is not the worst part of it all...it almost sounds like he's some kind of data leech...but I'll wait to see for sure down the road.

Didn't trip on anything! Looks great!
Dachande663-ff chapter 11 . 5/31/2010
Another good chapter, I like the way you're building up the personalities of each of the main characters. Can't wait for more.
43 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »