Reviews for In the Amber Light
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 4/1
Very sweet.
Lovely short story.
leavesfallingup chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Finding a camera with film like that one (the soldier story) would be better than finding buried treasure. What amazing stories could be told.

A very nice one-shot.
Belly boo1099 chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Ahah that was omg great story
Stephlikeswriting chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Awww that was adorable. Their characterizations were great!
dreeming chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Nawww so much love for these two! And all the photography!
The Hazel Purple Skyline chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Awesome "escaping into the sunset" ending
I could feel the strands of amber light in your story.
Well done
HeadOverHeelsInHate chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Awwww! So freaking cute! Eek! Love it!
heal me forever chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
wow just so LIVELY bang on job its crazy nd freaking awesum ..NO WORDS totally in love wid d stry (:
Fresh Harvest chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
That was definitely one of the better one shots I've read. :) There were a couple of typos here and there (sorry I didn't keep track of them while reading! I know sometimes that's helpful for editing purposes), but I liked the story a lot; the premise was simple but believable and really well-executed. The characters were SO loveable; I especially loved Elijah, just his sweet, good-natured way of approaching things, and even expressing things (I so prefer his "married people shenanigans" to the various and often vulgar ways characters, especially teenagers, refer to sex). But unlike some stories or movies where the guy is so amazing and the girl is an absolute jerk and you wonder why the guy is so crazy about her, your story's female lead was quite likeable, too.

Plus, I'm interested in photography and have always wished to learn how to develop film (sidenote: LOVE your pen name). What's not to love?

Electric Monk chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
The strange puritanical twist at the end was jarring (sex is illicit and only for married people?) but other than that this was a lovely little story. I might be biased because I love vintage cameras but the writing about the photography was simply excellent.
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I don't think I reviewed this the first time I read it. It's awesome! Simple, sweet, touching and a little bit fluffy :)
BuNeng-TiaoWu chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Ok, after spending the past five hours trying to find something that would get the "reading jitters" out of my system I finally found the story that solved it.

Loved the story. The pacing was good and nothing felt like you were just trying to wrap up the story at the end.

Only saw one spelling mistake near the end. You meant to write "they would" but have "the would" instead.
frouwe chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This had me grinning all the way. I love the simplicity and the normalcy.

And developing pictures from an old camera. I've always wanted to do that.
LaughsWithTears chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Oh, my gosh. This is possibly one of the simplest and best stories that I've read in a while. It really made me smile! :)
pathers chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
This was wonderful! I love that you included so much detail about the cameras and photo developing process- it really helps to make Lucy genuine, and describing the rhythm the two have in the dark room is a wonderful metaphor to how compatible they'd be together in life.

Lovely!