Reviews for In the Amber Light
NeonTime chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
The strange puritanical twist at the end was jarring (sex is illicit and only for married people?) but other than that this was a lovely little story. I might be biased because I love vintage cameras but the writing about the photography was simply excellent.
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
I don't think I reviewed this the first time I read it. It's awesome! Simple, sweet, touching and a little bit fluffy :)
LinguisticFanatic chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
Ok, after spending the past five hours trying to find something that would get the "reading jitters" out of my system I finally found the story that solved it.

Loved the story. The pacing was good and nothing felt like you were just trying to wrap up the story at the end.

Only saw one spelling mistake near the end. You meant to write "they would" but have "the would" instead.
frouwe chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This had me grinning all the way. I love the simplicity and the normalcy.

And developing pictures from an old camera. I've always wanted to do that.
LaughsWithTears chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Oh, my gosh. This is possibly one of the simplest and best stories that I've read in a while. It really made me smile! :)
pathers chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
This was wonderful! I love that you included so much detail about the cameras and photo developing process- it really helps to make Lucy genuine, and describing the rhythm the two have in the dark room is a wonderful metaphor to how compatible they'd be together in life.

Lovely!
ChocoResha chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Oh. My. Gosh. That was just... magnificent! I looooooove it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! :D
spacedoutghost chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
D'aaawww, that was so cute :)
jadetryton chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This story was so cute! I must say I was VERY impressed at how clean this story was, I hate it when there is unnecessary smut. Anyways, beautiful and I'm looking forward to reading more of your works. :)
Kelly chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
This story is just too cute for words. I love love Elijah. ))
strangledice chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
Aww..this is so cute! Great job!
schradez007 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Oh my gosh. Kill me now, won't you? Smart and snarky and perfect :)
jeepers09 chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
You know what I liked about this story? That they both act like normal people. No cheesy melodrama, no exchanging long poignant looks across the room, and so on and so on. And yet you know what's coming, and it does and then you're glad and you say YAY! Great job!
morphine and lollipops chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Ah, this was really cute as well. xD Elijah is adorkable.
I Murder on Impulse chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Naww that is so adorable :D

xx