Reviews for Absolved
Isca chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
"Etched on the helm of a ship." This is a very striking image; it reminded me of statues of women on some sailing ships, for some reason.

"Pitched laughter scuttles." 'Scuttles' is the perfect word here.

"Buds bloom in the blackness." Lovely alliteration.

"Eyeballs cliff diving over the window edge." This had a very Dali-esque feel to it. :)

"A book cradled by cold fingers." Dead fingers. God, what an image. Knowledge frozen in the hands of Time. Brilliant.

"Each tight-lipped smile shaking, knees nobly, scars, like stars on the brow of the world." I had to quote the whole thing; it's phenomenal. I love the connection between a shaky smile and nobly knees. I also like the connection between stars and scars. Your metaphors are becoming quite vivid and abstract [which I like!].

"Days are dog-eared." Beautiful, in a quiet way.

Keep writing! Your work is amazing! :)
hazyglow chapter 1 . 5/22/2010

tucked in tight

by the moon

with it's urban

foresight."

wow that was brilliantly written. I have this image of a ship but also a car speeding along those one-way roads in the middle of the mountains - almost a collision of two worlds.

though your persona makes it very clear that they have lost a love, you have not made it cliche and for that I applaud you and sigh with much relief.

beautiful beautiful beautiful.

hazyglow
YasuRan chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
It's amazing how you can show us so much within the span of a few lines. Well done!
Black Sparrow chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Beautifully worded and crafted. :) Absolutely stunning. I loved every bit of it. Great job and keep it up!