Reviews for Skylight Castle
Miss Bitterbiscuit chapter 13 . 3/26/2011
I'm all about the food analogies. :) Still waiting like a little puppy by your feet for the next update.
Kat chapter 13 . 3/26/2011
Don't listen to them. The story is fine the way it is. Maybe most people cant pull it off, but you are doing a great job of balancing the intrigue with humour and a dash of romance. Its what makes the story so charming :) Sure, I sometimes lose track when the updates are too far apart, but I don't mind it that much. I just have to skim through the previous chapters to get hooked again. If this were a book , it would be a page turner :)
Charlee Rayne chapter 13 . 3/25/2011
I love this story so far! All of it! Everything! Especially Izzy and her sharp tongue. She's one of the deepest characters I've read . Very three-dimensional.
Charlee Rayne chapter 3 . 3/25/2011
I think this is the most hilarious story I've read in a long time. And I love how she interacts with Mason and Noah!
QuirkyGurl chapter 13 . 3/25/2011
Creating a mystery and slowly unravelling it is much more interesting than just giving it away all at once. I'm quite happy to wait for the big reveal of what Izzy's origins are, I think it's a really interesting plot point. I see: "My name a Dale, and I'm a sock puppet. My life is hard." all the time AND IT'S BORING.

As for the descriptors, it hasn't really bothered me because your characters are so interesting! I don't know how it applies to anyone else but if the characters are well rounded I usually create my own image of them in my head I mean, do you really retain the introduction of the characters looks in your mind? Especially in a medium like FP where there is usually a large chunk of space between the chapters.

Keep writing, update sooner! -Q
Weevees chapter 13 . 3/25/2011
To give an answer to your question, I am a firm believer in the idea that if it's not broke, don't fix it. And that's exactly how I feel about this story. The pacing and character introductions are so unique and are what make this story different from others (in a good way). If you were to follow the generic formula for writing a story, it wouldn't be your own anymore, just a interpretation of a cliche.

And that would be a great pity seeing as this story is absolutely wonderful in it's plot, pacing and character developments.

I love how Izzy and Uriah are shrouded in mystery; not only their past and abilities, but their appearance too. Its sort of like getting to know someone slowly rather than reading their facebook profile.

Anyway, thats just my lowly opinion.

Things are certainly moving along in this chapter, I'm so excited to see how Izzy will work this out with Uriah!

Looking forward to more!
A Dreamer Always chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
I like this story the way it is :) I'm just waiting for the next update :D
Raen chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
No! Don't listen to them. The detail you give is tantalizing, that's why readers keep coming back for more.
pbgurl chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
No way! Well, I'll admit that I am no writer and wouldn't be the best person to give advice about stuff like that but as a reader and fan of yours I'd say that they are not right. One of the reasons that got me hooked to the story was the mystery surrounding Uriah and Izzy. I think the way you are doing it by dropping us little bits and hints in each chapter works perfectly for this story. So don't change anything. :)

That was a dumb move by Mason though.

But the part with the Francine was so funny.

So Uriah's being hunted by his own people. Well things have definitley got even more interesting.

-Liz :D
renegade01 chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
keep doing what you're doing. you're more than a capable author. ;)

uriah is one fiddly character, i can't quite make him out. the swords is an interesting angle. i can't wait for more. ;)
Mak Hertz chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
Pft. I think you should ignore that writing group because I think you're one of the most excellent writers, and I absolutely love your story. I can see why that is their suggestion, but I think that's only really necessary when you don't have the skills that you have. You do an excellent job of keeping the reader interested and giving just enough of the information in each chapter to let us feel like we learned something while still making us feel like we have no real clue what's going on. It's a writing style that I personally think is hard to accomplish, and most people don't do it well. So I think that's probably why they're saying what they are, and maybe even because it goes against all the "rules" of writing (*Gasp!*). But that's the fun thing about writing, if you do it well, and actually have a knack for it, there shouldn't be any rules or limitations. So now that I've lectured you on my point of view on that matter, I'll just summarize with this: I think you're doing an amazing job and I absolutely LOVE the way you've been presenting your information.

And now for the review. I loved this chapter because we did finally learn more about Uriah. I still don't have a clue what Izzy is going to do about it all, but I'm sure it'll be entertaining. And I can't wait to see what happens romantically in the story (though I sure know I'm rooting for Uriah). :) And I hope that because of all this, maybe Izzy realizes her full potential? So it'll be fun to see what you have in store for us next! Keep up the great work!
Blackrain7557 chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
First of all nice chapter, drunk leprechauns are great. Also nice to see what all the fuss is about, through slightly less than I was expecting with Uriah though that could change I'm sure. Overall really good chapter, looking forward to more.

Secondly whoever is telling you to open up everything to the audience right off of the bat is insane, or clearly has no experience writing. This isn't a movie in which you show all points all the time. Writing is deeper than that, suspense and mystery keep people entertained when used properly. No good author ever puts everything out there for all to see in chapter 1. Now granted because of the format in which this is written, aka not complete and being updated, it may seem like you need to but in the end it's still a story and you want to take the time to weave everything into the end.

Obviously I have a strong opinion on this matter but stories who go through detailed explanations of who the characters are, where they live, how they live etc irritate me. There are better ways to tell a story than simply giving us information and personally I thing you're doing a perfectly fine job of it.

BR
usually just a silent reader chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
i don't think it's wrong fot not giving the reader everything right away - it's fun to puzzle things out as facts are slowly revield.

i like how your description of your characters are not in excruciating detail, it gives me as a reader an oportunity to flex my imagination (and while i read i'm much more interestet in what characters are feeling as opposite to how they look and what they wear. if i wanted that i'd just watch a movie.

what i'm trying to say is i like how you write (all your stories) and just follow your instincts.

please forgive me for my clumsy english
M chapter 13 . 3/24/2011
Whhe an update! Love the Gremlins in a microwave gag.
InnocentSarcasm chapter 12 . 3/20/2011
Really intresting never has a story kept me on my toes to this extent . Can't say I am not confused but thats not a bad thing I really hate it when I can guess from the first few chapter how the plot will go and how everything will end.

Really good work

and please Update Pretty please ?
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »