Reviews for The Happiness Collection
grim-dreamer chapter 16 . 4/13/2011
I like the mystery you get from the way the lines are broken up and that mystery works really well for this moment in particular as it's so important to feel supported by the people you love and care about that the format really reflects this. I think the last line seems overly long. Maybe you could split it just before "the most supportive friends" bit begins? Liked this very much. Hope your mother was okay!
grim-dreamer chapter 10 . 4/13/2011
I'll say :)
grim-dreamer chapter 7 . 4/13/2011
I have one booked this weekend. Yay for us!
grim-dreamer chapter 4 . 4/13/2011
And this one was a great moment between parents and children. Have you been to Disneyland now? I've been and it's interesting. There is a definite atmosphere of happiness over there. You really feel like there's nothing to worry about and you just like seeing everything like the way it is in the movies. The fireworks are excellent... But returning to the happiness piece! I liked the enjambement you used for depicting the scene and then how it slowly layered the scene with excitement and shiny eyes. Definitely feel the excitement!
grim-dreamer chapter 2 . 4/13/2011
Hey, thanks a lot for the review. Thought I'd thank you some more by reading one of your works. Haven't read a happiness collection before and now I'm thinking I should have one, just to remind myself what feeling happy is like when I'm feeling pretty grim. I like this first one you did. It's so simple and such a wonderful gesture. What a lucky person you are!
morphine and lollipops chapter 27 . 11/10/2010
Awwh. I just teared up a bit. xDD I am doing swimmingly, busy, but swimmingly none the less. And you graduatedd! :D Oh good lordy, you must be excited. And scared. And just oh dear. xD magical.
cassandove chapter 27 . 11/9/2010
I can't wait to get there.
Spurlunk chapter 26 . 11/8/2010
This just made me smile and remember my own last week of High School. I enjoy reading your work, it's really evocative. )
morphine and lollipops chapter 24 . 9/14/2010
Yay, I'm glad you are so happy lately! It had been a while, :). And congrats about the mom/turning 18/good art! Woopee!
Matt-Tribal chapter 24 . 9/14/2010
Mandatory Intermission. . . (again)

Well done Ashlee (with emphasis where appropriate).

Matt-Tribal chapter 23 . 9/14/2010
And so I discover that a 15 second gap is mandatory between reviews. . .

Can I review now? Good.

I am happy to hear all is looking positive, hopefully that means you can try and put it out of your mind as the God-awful year 12 continues.

Matt-Tribal chapter 22 . 9/14/2010
Hopefully this is the last time I will be reminded of what I missed out on!

P

Loved that you felt "amazing in your new outfit", we are happy to do it again!

D

On a more reviewable note I really found that this entry flowed nicely, not quite sure how but it did. Keep writing.

(the three smile review)
Matt-Tribal chapter 21 . 8/27/2010
I should not have read this entry, it makes me sad that I will not get to be there for your party all the more!

And I just know you are going to out do my party!

P
morphine and lollipops chapter 21 . 8/26/2010
Oh my! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The party sounds like it will be awesome; have a ton of fun, mkay! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ek
morphine and lollipops chapter 20 . 8/16/2010
Happiness is

feeling sad,

opening up the emails to see,

someone cool,

someone special,

someone awesome,

saying they made you smile.

And instantly

feeling that much better

about yourself.

You make me happy with your happiness, so I'm glad I can at least attempt to return the favor. Congrats on the amazing grades, and best wishes to your mother. :)

August xoxo