Reviews for The Academy of the Gods
rubyreader chapter 4 . 6/22/2010
lol helen is very cold tempered!
Kanae Valentine chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I have to say that this is indeed rather good. Update soon, please. _

Kanae
Aventurine chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
Nice chapter :) Before i forget, a few specific comments:

"Through some painful and tenuous, as well as long and strenuous on the world, an agreement was reached." I think you need another word here, or rephrase it somehow.

Also,

""Vulcan, Mulciber, and Hephaetus," she rattled off.

"Yeah." Helen giggled. Zach sounded a bit miffed that she knew that. He tried a new thought, "I bet you didn't know that Demeter was one of Cronos and Rhea's six children."

It sounds like you have her talking twice in a row as different paragraphs here, I was a bit confused the 1st time i read it. did you mean HE rattled off? or is it her talking? If its her maybe combine it with the next bit.

"Horrorstruck, the Olympians grimaced and exchanged grim looks with each other." grimaced and grim sounds a bit repetitious

Now general comments...finally some answers! ;) very cool idea. So if the titans are ruling while the Olympians are gone, who is ruling in place of the Norse and the Egyptians etc? Also, Im still a little unclear, did they do something to cause their reincarnation (not uphold their part of the deal?) or did the Titans do something to send them all here?

another random question, do they have to relive history in the correct order, if so, shouldn't they be crawling out of Cronos' stomach soon? ;)Oh, and if they need to relive every legend, do they go to class for a while first, or jump right into the fun?

So I know i've been nagging you to focus in on Helen and Zach for a while, which you've done very well, but just a suggestion (one you may have already thought of), you might want to also pick a few other olympians and cultivate a friendship between Helen and them to add a bit more drama later. Oh yes, one more question, where are they? I mean, I know where they are, but where is this Academy located? Mostly my questions are meant as a guide for things to answer later. Use what you will, but most of all, keep writing!
mysterylucy chapter 4 . 6/19/2010
I think... WOAH! Okay, I really was NOT expecting that! So... if they have to do everything again, does that include killing all the monsters again? Because if it does, then how do the monsters come back to life in the first place...?

"In order to be reestablished to your rightful places, you must relive every myth and legend in the book."

great cliffhanger to end it on, btw!
Taquint chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
So I love this story! I'm excited as to see where it goes
Aventurine chapter 3 . 6/3/2010
Nice chapter ;). I really like your dialogue, Hera has alot of potential as a character, unique and a bit standoffish, but still likable from the reader's point of view. Very nice explanation of why there there, enough details to keep us interested, but still not giving away the whole surprise. Are characters from other pantheons going to be incorporated later? Great work, I will keep reading!
mysterylucy chapter 3 . 6/2/2010
Really, really good! I can't wait for the next chapter...!
rubyreader chapter 3 . 6/2/2010
have the characters already used their powers before?
rubyreader chapter 2 . 6/2/2010
Is the teacher a god too?
rubyreader chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
love your summary!
FireFlies Twinkle chapter 2 . 5/31/2010
Wow... That was very very nice! Haha... I am so hoping you're gonna continue this! I REALLY LOVE IT!

:) :( :)
mysterylucy chapter 2 . 5/31/2010
i love this story! Please keep writing...!
Aventurine chapter 2 . 5/30/2010
Nice ending for that chapter,a bit of suspense is good for us readers ;)I must admit I'm curious as to what everyone else (mortals) is doing while the gods are busy being rehabilitated, also why the gods all ended up forgetting who they were and the teacher didn't know that they had forgotten. Just some ideas for stuff to adress in later chapters...again, nicely written, I like Zach's character, playful small talk can be hard to do well but I think you've done it :) you may want to focus in on a few characters for now rather than trying to incorporate everyone into every chapter, keep it up!
RainbowReggie chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Interesting idea. Some of the names are a dead give away, while others are more mysterious. How old are these students supposed to be? Is this a high school class or a college class? This chapter reminds me of the first 2 minutes of a TV show right before the title and a commercial hit.
Aventurine chapter 1 . 5/24/2010
Interesting idea, nice description of the kids/gods, though maybe a little long, if you just mentioned the main gods during attendace and worked in hephasteus and some others later through dialogue it would prevent a bit of the repetition. Overall well written and an intriguing premise, will keep reading!
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3