Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
TumbleWeed23 chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
SO BEAUTIFUL SO SO SO BE-AUTI-FUL!And so well written, i love your style, it's very believable, it draws you in. You're really talented :) I loved the whole twist in Pride and Prejudice thing :D Brilliant, definitely something i'd read over and over again :)

You're AWESOME!
fullofsunshine chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Oh my GOD this was the most amazing story ever! It was so cute! I really loved it :)
watergirl795 chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
This is such a cute and amazing story! It was really well thought-out and the execution was practically perfect. Your writing style and technique is really beautiful and this story is one of the best I've read on this site. I look forward to reading more of your work!
Erin chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Hands down, this is the best one-shot I've ever read (and I've read a lot.)
Natasha chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Oh, god. I loved loved loved loved it!

Pride and Prejudice is my very favorite book; I've read it countless times and in the bottom of my heart, I really do want to find my .

The characters were very well presented and the plot worked out. I loved Mikey's last letter to Laura-simply wonderful.
Well-Versed chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
Yeah. So. I suck at putting your stories off. :-/

I'm kind of sort of a little bit glad I didn't put it off, though. Do you know why?

Because I love this story. By now, you probably think I just say that to flatter you regardless of what you write, but that's really not the case. I can't even begin to describe how much I love this story. I love it more than HL even, and more than The Day I Stalked Him.

I don't think you could do anything to fix this. The grammar, spelling, sentence structures are... impeccable, the characters, charming, and the voice of your narrator, completely believable. Honestly. I told you I would give you my honest opinion, so I am.

I really like that you wrote the five-year-old Laura just as well as the 17/18-year-old Laura. If you had screwed up the voice, this story wouldn't have worked even a little bit. But because you could make the transition and grow with her as she did, it flowed. But more than Laura, I liked Mikey. He took her by surprise in the end and walked back into her life in a way that she wasn't expecting. He started as a cute little boy, annoyed at this little girl who kept pestering him while he was trying to get her sister's attention, and turned into a young man, intelligent and confident, sure of what he wants in life.

The story is pure and the emotion is as close to heart as you could make it. I love it. Honestly. No sugar-coating and no flattery.

Oh... and the fact that they didn't necessarily end up in a relationship makes it even better. He leaves the door open for them, knowing Laura rushed in too quickly in the past, to deal with it-fall into it maturely, able to recognize their feelings for real now.

This review doesn't do it justice, and I should probably wait until later (it's 3 AM) to write it, but I wanted to do it now, while the story's fresh in my mind.

If you wrote like this all the time, I might have to become a lesbian and have a torrid love affair with you. Just sayin. ;)
loveSZbrownie chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
aw. That was really well done. i love the tie-in to Pride and Prejudice and how you adapted it to fit your story. Everything worked well. Your dates and the diary entries. hmm. i just never understood how a five year old would be after someone 10 years older. Meh that's not a big issue.
xlovestory chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Ahh, what a lovely oneshot. When I first saw the title I thought "yay!" because P&P is one of my favourite novels, and I loved the twists you gave to it. I loved how everything came full circle, from the "rape" talk, the diary, to the version of P&P where she's scored all the names out. Your writing is very relatable, and I really enjoyed it. I'll be sure you check our your other work asap!

-xlovestory.
love and misadventures chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Apparently I loved it so much that I decided to cry x] I loved the ending, that's what did it. :) You're an amazing author, great job!
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I like it :)

I didn't connect very much with the early adolescence behaviour.. I would've put their ages between 10 and 20-odd. But its not my story :)

The characters were portrayed well. I loved the ending too!

Sukanya
Genato chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
You must know that after I read this, I flung my head to the direction of my library ceiling and screamed, "Ah! Ang ganda ganda!" - which in my native language means, "*gurgles* it's so pretty!" Brilliant. Just brilliant. I loved the "rape" conversation, very epic. I loved the symbolism in the Pride and Prejudice Novel and promptly got teary-eyed for Laura that she's not Elizabeth for Darcy. (I haven't even read this book because i got bored after a few chapters even if I wanted to read it because it was such a "classic". Ack, still hating myself for that.) I felt hilariously embarrassed for Laura during Mikey's graduation speech. I was squealing with Mr. Pork and Mrs. Ham. I loved the "If you take out the infatuation from.." thing.

One thing. MAYBE, just MAYBE, it was a bit abrupt for Mr. Darcy to suddenly notice poor Laura. Although, there were the implied thingies (oh.. thingies is a word now! there's not red line) during Mikey's absence after Laura sent the letter (which i wholly understood because I wanted to give one to my childhood crush too, when he went away to Canada of all places!:)... I think it's for the betterment of the story if you wrote how Darcy got over Lizzie and decided that Laura was his Elizabeth Bennett after all...

and isn't five a bit too young for boys to suddenly notice boobies?

Just read the email of your reply to my past review... hope you'll finish Heart Lotion soon! :)
Rikayla chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
SQUEE
Hi chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
OH MY, SO FREAKING CUTE! (:
jennycraig10 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
A wonderful cute one-shot. I think the ending made it for me. The Mr. Pork and Mrs. Ham conversation and Mikey's graduation speech and letter.

Made me smile. Write more.
kazekage13 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
This is so ridiculously cute. So, so awesome. Basically the one thing that most any girl would wish for to happen to her.

I absolutely love it :)