Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
dramalover21 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Ah! I loved it! It reminded me so much of what those childhood years were like. Especially the kid and pre-teen years. And, Mikey proving himself to be a boy at Lizzie's graduation, I haven't had that good of a laugh in a really long time! This one-shot was very well written! Keep up the good work!
AmandaHold chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
i absolutely adored this story! i loved how you chose to write it. my favorite part was when mikey read his letter at graduation. i liked the references to pride and prejudice too.
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Vena! This was great! Fantastic work! Noticed improvement (as in, complete fixing) with your syntax - all good, all good. :)

Where to start. I hate reviewing. I liked your main character a lot - she was unabashed and unafraid. I love when I like female MCs - it doesn't happen often anymore.

I think I especially liked the "life lessons" attached to this. I just graduated on saturday and read the commencement address and really admired mikey's speech - unexpected and clever. This piece was intelligent, but also had the typical elements of sweetness in a "typical" chick-lit. A good balance. I think what I liked best was the way that Laura was legitimately ready to move on. Even if mikey hadn't run after her, she would have been okay. That is an important addition, because it made Laura seem far more rational (not to mention feminist versus 50s housewife) than a typical romance heroine. It was refreshing, exactly what FP needs, and realistic. The ending wasn't saccharine. It was genuine sugar.

Also loved the similes you used for five-year-old Laura. So effing perfect.

I think the only issue I had was how abruptly mikey became a genius. I was picturing him as a total jock. Maybe make him a little geekier and it won't seem like such a convenience that he ended up brilliant. That's just my opinion. :)

Again, great work. Keep writing!

Jules
Sorrow's Smile chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
*freaks

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

CLOSURE LETTERS!
scarletfleur chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
:) that was really very good, and extremely funny

my favourite part was when mikey read his graduation letter out. but the time when he did his im too sexy dance is a severe rival.

laura's a great character - very forward! :) very refreshing
MaeMaes chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
:D You know how much I love this. I've gushed all over gchat about it to you. I do have to say that I hate FP for not letting you put in a period in the title, lol. But, anyway! Much love. Awesome writing, and I'm so happy for you about this. :) Seriously. Wonderful job! S2 S2
Le Meg chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Super super cute. I love the format you have for this, and the way the voice changes as Laura gets older. Very well executed. Laura wasn't exactly shameless, but I love how honest her character was and how realistic her and Mikey's friendship was. Everybody remembers their childhood crushes, and everybody remembers how embarrassing they could be. Kids have no censors, they don't understand playing hard to get, and I felt like that was definitely channeled here.

The fact that there wasn't any big, dramatic get together at the end made me happy-they're still friends before everything else and I like that you emphasized that. If there's romance after, that's just bonus points. :)
StarryEyedStranger chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I genuinely can't say enough how much this one-shot appealed to me, gaah, so good.
Katie Valentine chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
It is one of the most sweetest one-shots ever! :D *melts*

I would definitely drop by to read it again.. You rock! Write more! Hehehe.
currentlyaway chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
It's so cute. I loved the transition of young Laura to old Laura. And Mikey being a poser and kind of a disturbing perv was awesome too. :)
Thundaga.blitz chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Wow. This is amazing. I love it. :)
lili999 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
We are a leading company that wholesales Adidas shoes, brand shoes

,bags,caps,watches ect. such as Ipod nano, lv bags,caps,nike shoes,

air jordan series(1-22),air force1,air max series,shox series,

ape bapesta shoes,adidas shoes puma shoes etc. We have different colors,

fashionable designs for your choice. Top quality with a reasonable price,

Our product sell well all over the world,.And we also can make according

to your we accept mixed order. we also accept sample orde.

we have good relationship with many companies,we have good after sell

service and dispatching goods fast and safe,so if you are interested in it,

feel free to contact us:

web: /
MistressBlack852 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
I absolutely, postively, utter LOVE this one shot! Oh gosh, I don't even know how to put into words lol

All the cringe worthy parts (did he REALLY pull down his pants? well, i can see that happening lol) were hilarious as well lol

I thought the ending was perfect esp with Mr. Pork and Mrs Ham!

You're writing is always so awesome and I always love reading your stories!

Hope you're well!

ps, yay Canada! ;)
R. Tist chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Can I squeal at the adorableness of this story? I sure hope so, because I already squealed at certain parts of this story. :"D Well-written, original plot, and with that cool and composed inserted humor that I love. :"D One word: A-fantasticalidociously-mazing!
DA-chen1 chapter 1 . 5/25/2010