Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
elainabeatrice chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Wow! so damn amazing...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I was going to say "This should be published", until I looked at your other stories you've written and realized I loved those too when I read them before and it's all written by the same person. So now I'm saying, "YOU should get published." Why aren't you published yet? Please make that happen. :) P.S. I love Mr. Darcy. I really like that, at the end of it all, he managed to live up to Laura's expectations of being a pretty damn perfect individual. I mean, we know that he's not perfect because it took him thirteen years to act, but in that regard, he really is just like Mr. Darcy.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Hey! I am here to share great news with you. This story has been added to the One Shot category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"When writing this type of story you've got to try your hardest to create characters that your audience will build a rapport with because you've literally got one shot; pun completely intended. Vena Cava's “Chasing Mr. Darcy” is a perfect example of how to do it right.

From a young age, Laura has always been in love with her best friend Mikey (NOT Mickey!) but, unfortunately, he's always been in love with her older sister; Lizzie. The writing layout; that of a diary; was a fantastic touch as it does give the effect that we're having a sneak peek of special moments as the characters age. The range of emotions achieved through Vena Cava's writing is vast and has you scrolling down desperate to read more, finding out what's going to happen for Laura. I applaud Vena Cava for her amazing way of bringing the story to a close; it's a unique way but I'm obviously not going to say any more (if you want to find out more – go read!).

Never in my life have I ever been rendered speechless by a story but this was achieved by Vena Cava and her flawless “Chasing Mr. Darcy”. No matter how many catchy sentences I spin through using my trusty thesaurus; nothing will ever give the justice this story deserves apart from sitting down and just reading this beautiful masterpiece."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
alex.jh.14 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh! I just didn't want it to end! It was so darling, I loved it. Fantastic writer you are!
loveofallthatisawesome chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Oh, kill me now! They bloomed, they escalated, they thrived! They're here, they're good.

Even though you put a lot of emphasis on Mikey's infatuation with Lizzie, the entire time I was only paying attention to how Mikey was with Laura. He took her diary (and kept it for years), he asked her for help, he kept Mrs. Ham, and he stole Pride and Prejudice from HER room. I couldn't help but think that maybe Mikey had some underlying crush on Laura the entire time. It's just that Lizzie was hot, so he was obviously attracted to her first. But Laura was Laura, who could not want her?

So I guess that's what Mikey means in his letter at the end; he and Laura are connected, they have a bond, they're friends, they've been through stuff, and Lizzie was just there.

But, and I'm assuming here, I'm glad they get together in the end. He promised her 13 years, and they're attracted to each other (mutual - finally), and they're going to be living right across from each other for another four years. Yeah, I think they get together ;) that, and it seemed in his speech that he was telling her not to let go of him because maybe he wanted her now, too. Although that doesn't seem fair to her considering she's waited so long already, but that doesn't matter.

They like each other, and he kept Mrs. Ham :D another story of yours that I loved.
bow ties chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I've read this 5 times. I've never read anything twice. I'm not sure why but I cry a little every single time. I am not an emotional person. This was really well written, although at times I wanted to smack Michael across the face. Hope you write more stories in this style!
Choukou chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
SO CUTE! So unbelievably unreal that I wish it was so it would give me a smidgen of hope that boys actually grow out of their boorish ways. Darn you for igniting that hope in me. Now I'm going to be walking about moon-eyed until some idiotic man whore propositions me again. Then I'll remember what a sad excuse college boys make as boyfriends. Basically this tirade means you wrote an excellent one shot that I loved. A lot.
AuroraBorealis13 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
This story made me laugh aloud SO many times. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks for sharing! :-)
Simplegift96 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
This was absolutely beautiful, it brought me to tears :')
twibbit chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
:p
Lethaldoze chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
I just have to start with a WOW! This was truely unbelievably, one of the best written oneshots that I've ever read. The humor, the frustration, the happiness everything was so well balanced. And of course the fact that we see the characters grow up right in front of our eyes and see the transformation that they go through during this time. I personally loved the part where Mr. Pork meets Mrs. Ham again and was also touched at how Mikey actually kept Mrs. Ham with him for so long! The conversation was brilliant and so was the letter that Mikey wrote to Laura. And of course the graduation speech. The beginning was absolutely funny and the whole speech was superb.

Your writing style is impeccable! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story! Thanks a bunch for writing this! You are brilliant!

Cheers.

-Lethaldoze.
wow chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
make it a novel?
BabblingBug19 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
I can't believe it myself, but this story made me cry! (Or maybe it's just me PMS-ing.) I really felt for Laura when the lover of her life was chasing after her sister. At least, Lizzie was not a bitch, and I loved her for that. And with the really well-written letters? Tipped the tears out my eyes. More power! I've always loved your works. )
theKnobblyKneedWriter chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
Possibly the best thing I've ever read.
Gris bray chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I wanted to review this story, and then decided against it, and then did it anyway. Usually you either want to review or you don't because you either enjoyed what you read or you just didn't. With your one-shot I just did not know what to say. I'm sure you didn't need me to tell you how amazing your writing was, because the growing 238 reviews already attest to that. But I'm going to do it anyway. I cried a lot when I was reading this, because well..I think Im overly emotional today and will soon be graduating story was very..well, lets just say that it hit a nerve. People always look for something they can't get, or there is someone out there they care deeply about despite not being valued or understood by them. If that was what you were trying to capture while writing this, you did so beautifully; more so than anyone could ever have. When I read fictionpress, I'm just looking for a good read, but stories like these are rare cause that have some fun, some reality and good honest writing packed into them. I hope you keep writing, because I would love to keep reading.

good luck :)