Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
chocolatemusic chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've read this story, and the 1st time I'm reviewing. I just wanted to let you know that for me, this story is exactly what you hoped it would be- something to come back to and enjoy, just as my memory of it starts to fade.

I think my favorite part- at least the part that struck that me this time- is the final scene in the dorms, the way you describe Laura's approach after sighting Mrs. Ham. So cautious. I can see her, furtively making her way closer and closer, checking if the coast is clear, unable to stifle her curiosity.

I also love Mikey's graduation speech- especially the adjective "monstrous" that he uses to describe little Laura. What a great word- at first not complimentary, and yet, so, so true.

Anyway, I rarely leave reviews, but I felt as though this time around, I ought to.

Thank you so much for your writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww OMG I love it! :D
heal me forever chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
dis is wat dis is uber sweet nd wat not man i am speechless...! i want to say so much but i cant find words to describe my feeling twards wat u wrote ..*wipes d tears*

awesum job *CLAPS* KUDOS!
Peachy-09 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Such a unique read. Beautiful. Simply moving.
The Smile Machine chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This was absolutely adorable! For a couple seconds, I was actually afraid they'd never be together, and this would be one of those depressing unrequited love things. But I love the humor, and I love what he says about them still standing, even after the infatuation has been stripped away.

This was so beautiful! *wipes tear*
Midnight Bleu chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
That was really beautiful. has always been a favourite of mine so it was nice to see the original "pride and prejudice" story being subverted (in that didn't end up with Elizabeth) but yet keeping true to the original heart of the story. Here are 2 people who didn't have a very favorable first meeting and have a vitriolic relationship who grow as people and eventually to love each other. Kudos.
cherrypiesizzle chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
This was really cute :)
AC chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
This is so fReaking adorable! I love it!
elainabeatrice chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Wow! so damn amazing...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I was going to say "This should be published", until I looked at your other stories you've written and realized I loved those too when I read them before and it's all written by the same person. So now I'm saying, "YOU should get published." Why aren't you published yet? Please make that happen. :) P.S. I love Mr. Darcy. I really like that, at the end of it all, he managed to live up to Laura's expectations of being a pretty damn perfect individual. I mean, we know that he's not perfect because it took him thirteen years to act, but in that regard, he really is just like Mr. Darcy.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Hey! I am here to share great news with you. This story has been added to the One Shot category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"When writing this type of story you've got to try your hardest to create characters that your audience will build a rapport with because you've literally got one shot; pun completely intended. Vena Cava's “Chasing Mr. Darcy” is a perfect example of how to do it right.

From a young age, Laura has always been in love with her best friend Mikey (NOT Mickey!) but, unfortunately, he's always been in love with her older sister; Lizzie. The writing layout; that of a diary; was a fantastic touch as it does give the effect that we're having a sneak peek of special moments as the characters age. The range of emotions achieved through Vena Cava's writing is vast and has you scrolling down desperate to read more, finding out what's going to happen for Laura. I applaud Vena Cava for her amazing way of bringing the story to a close; it's a unique way but I'm obviously not going to say any more (if you want to find out more – go read!).

Never in my life have I ever been rendered speechless by a story but this was achieved by Vena Cava and her flawless “Chasing Mr. Darcy”. No matter how many catchy sentences I spin through using my trusty thesaurus; nothing will ever give the justice this story deserves apart from sitting down and just reading this beautiful masterpiece."

Keep writing,

Helen xo
alex.jh.14 chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
Oh! I just didn't want it to end! It was so darling, I loved it. Fantastic writer you are!
loveofallthatisawesome chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Oh, kill me now! They bloomed, they escalated, they thrived! They're here, they're good.

Even though you put a lot of emphasis on Mikey's infatuation with Lizzie, the entire time I was only paying attention to how Mikey was with Laura. He took her diary (and kept it for years), he asked her for help, he kept Mrs. Ham, and he stole Pride and Prejudice from HER room. I couldn't help but think that maybe Mikey had some underlying crush on Laura the entire time. It's just that Lizzie was hot, so he was obviously attracted to her first. But Laura was Laura, who could not want her?

So I guess that's what Mikey means in his letter at the end; he and Laura are connected, they have a bond, they're friends, they've been through stuff, and Lizzie was just there.

But, and I'm assuming here, I'm glad they get together in the end. He promised her 13 years, and they're attracted to each other (mutual - finally), and they're going to be living right across from each other for another four years. Yeah, I think they get together ;) that, and it seemed in his speech that he was telling her not to let go of him because maybe he wanted her now, too. Although that doesn't seem fair to her considering she's waited so long already, but that doesn't matter.

They like each other, and he kept Mrs. Ham :D another story of yours that I loved.
bow ties chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I've read this 5 times. I've never read anything twice. I'm not sure why but I cry a little every single time. I am not an emotional person. This was really well written, although at times I wanted to smack Michael across the face. Hope you write more stories in this style!
Choukou chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
SO CUTE! So unbelievably unreal that I wish it was so it would give me a smidgen of hope that boys actually grow out of their boorish ways. Darn you for igniting that hope in me. Now I'm going to be walking about moon-eyed until some idiotic man whore propositions me again. Then I'll remember what a sad excuse college boys make as boyfriends. Basically this tirade means you wrote an excellent one shot that I loved. A lot.
276 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »