Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
tofffeema chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
God, I love this story! I reread it whenever I need a quick fix of a good short story. Would love to read more things by you! Thanks!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
I cried so hard at the graduation speech it isn't even funny.

This was just unbearingly lovely and so tender and sweet and just completely perfect. I don't know how to put it into words- just- thank you so, so much for writing this.
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
THE EHNDING part made me cry SOOOO hard. T_T IT's just TOO SWEET! :) I LOVED IT!
Lady Katreina chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
Oh gosh. 2:19am.
I have to refer to your handy outline of constructive reviewing, because this was way too good for me to think of where to start. Then I looked at the list and know now it isn't the direction I want to take my review in.

I agree with you that this doesn't follow your normal style of characterization... except I can still feel you through the words as the author. Or, in another way, the characters are so delightful and described in such a way that the author couldn't possibly be anyone less talented than yourself.

Your characters are endearing and when they slip up the others give such believable responses that they instantly become part of the in-group of "endear"ed. I liked it from beginning to end, even the part that made me feel awkward again.
Kids are weird, your characters are weird. Maybe I mean that they aren't mainstream, maybe it is because you choose to describe them so well it highlights how special humanity is, how distinct. But tell you what. I like weird and I can't help but think that I will apply it to future reviews. Oh hey, it only took me ten minutes deliberating from start to finish with this review.
But I feel like I am giving a review to a life story. That Laura's story really happened...
Hope you have a happy 'twixt Christmas and New Year's time! (In case I pass out before finishing HL. And yes! This is at least my third time through, don't judge me! Actually I am joking, please make assumptions and judge or else life will become a lot more strange... and scary. Judge and Jury is fine, Executioner is someone else's bailiwick.)
chocolatemusic chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've read this story, and the 1st time I'm reviewing. I just wanted to let you know that for me, this story is exactly what you hoped it would be- something to come back to and enjoy, just as my memory of it starts to fade.

I think my favorite part- at least the part that struck that me this time- is the final scene in the dorms, the way you describe Laura's approach after sighting Mrs. Ham. So cautious. I can see her, furtively making her way closer and closer, checking if the coast is clear, unable to stifle her curiosity.

I also love Mikey's graduation speech- especially the adjective "monstrous" that he uses to describe little Laura. What a great word- at first not complimentary, and yet, so, so true.

Anyway, I rarely leave reviews, but I felt as though this time around, I ought to.

Thank you so much for your writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww OMG I love it! :D
heal me forever chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
dis is wat dis is uber sweet nd wat not man i am speechless...! i want to say so much but i cant find words to describe my feeling twards wat u wrote ..*wipes d tears*

awesum job *CLAPS* KUDOS!
Peachy-09 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Such a unique read. Beautiful. Simply moving.
The Smile Machine chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
This was absolutely adorable! For a couple seconds, I was actually afraid they'd never be together, and this would be one of those depressing unrequited love things. But I love the humor, and I love what he says about them still standing, even after the infatuation has been stripped away.

This was so beautiful! *wipes tear*
Midnight Bleu chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
That was really beautiful. has always been a favourite of mine so it was nice to see the original "pride and prejudice" story being subverted (in that didn't end up with Elizabeth) but yet keeping true to the original heart of the story. Here are 2 people who didn't have a very favorable first meeting and have a vitriolic relationship who grow as people and eventually to love each other. Kudos.
cherrypiesizzle chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
This was really cute :)
AC chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
This is so fReaking adorable! I love it!
elianabeatrice chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
Wow! so damn amazing...
Guest chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I was going to say "This should be published", until I looked at your other stories you've written and realized I loved those too when I read them before and it's all written by the same person. So now I'm saying, "YOU should get published." Why aren't you published yet? Please make that happen. :) P.S. I love Mr. Darcy. I really like that, at the end of it all, he managed to live up to Laura's expectations of being a pretty damn perfect individual. I mean, we know that he's not perfect because it took him thirteen years to act, but in that regard, he really is just like Mr. Darcy.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
Hey! I am here to share great news with you. This story has been added to the One Shot category over on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"When writing this type of story you've got to try your hardest to create characters that your audience will build a rapport with because you've literally got one shot; pun completely intended. Vena Cava's “Chasing Mr. Darcy” is a perfect example of how to do it right.

From a young age, Laura has always been in love with her best friend Mikey (NOT Mickey!) but, unfortunately, he's always been in love with her older sister; Lizzie. The writing layout; that of a diary; was a fantastic touch as it does give the effect that we're having a sneak peek of special moments as the characters age. The range of emotions achieved through Vena Cava's writing is vast and has you scrolling down desperate to read more, finding out what's going to happen for Laura. I applaud Vena Cava for her amazing way of bringing the story to a close; it's a unique way but I'm obviously not going to say any more (if you want to find out more – go read!).

Never in my life have I ever been rendered speechless by a story but this was achieved by Vena Cava and her flawless “Chasing Mr. Darcy”. No matter how many catchy sentences I spin through using my trusty thesaurus; nothing will ever give the justice this story deserves apart from sitting down and just reading this beautiful masterpiece."

Keep writing,