Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
Lyndhurst chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
I like your writing style. It flows really well. The story was a little unbelievable to me but maybe that's because I'm old lol, I don't recall knowng any 14 year olds who drank and smoked weed, & the idea of love at age 5 or that of 5 year olds boys being infatuated with breasts/ girls 10 years older was a little hard to digest. I've taken care of a 4 year old and the only association he made with boobs was with food :p I liked the bitter sweetness of the story but personally I think Laura was a little pathetic and Mikey was just a little too rakish to be attractive. I like the whole childhood infatuation angle but I remember having a childhood friend somewhat like Mikey but I honestly only associate a positive light and innocent feel to my feelings not the tumultous, futile stuff that made up the Mikey/Laura dynamic. The idea that Mikey still doesn't think his feelings for her are as strong for her own are for him was a little sad but I guess that's what makes a bitter sweet ending for a bitter sweet tale. :)
absentmindedprofessor chapter 1 . 3/20/2012
I love all of your stories, and this one is no exception! The way you write, the candid characters, the realistic plotlines... you have a lot of talent, and I hope you keep writing D

absentmindedprofessor
minnie chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
Well, a good story. Could relate it to Flipped but I just don't get it that Laura would go to such extreme extent of throwing herself at him. I mean... it's plainly stupid, so was Mikey. Oh well, still a good story though
Elusive Lucidity chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
I'm taking a deep breath...beside me, my brother's game (Skyrim) is on pause mode, and the music playing is soothing. as I am going through this story once again in my course,all of this is irrelevant..what I'm saying is,after I finished with this story of yours, I just sat for a few minutes and tried to calm the sense of euphoria that engulfed me.I was almost to the verge of shedding tears of joy at Mickey's letter(s) to Laura.(I'm pretty emotional :P)

OMG!I don't remember the last time I read such a beautiful romantic one-shot! I don't know how you did it...perhaps the letters were the highlights or the fact that even though it was always Laura trying to get Mickey's attention, Mickey had been so elusive, so secretive...so I don't have words for it...even though he never expressed much, for me, his lack of expression for Laura, was more intense than if he had expressed something. What I'm trying to say is..everything, from when he flashed his genitals at her when they were kids, from taking her diary, to keeping Mrs. Ham safe for all those years, to moving to NYU..they were so utterly bafflingly, mind-numbingly, beautifully expressive.

I'm already a fan of Pride and Prejudice, and after reading this story, I couldn't help but smile at how nicely you made the book define an integral part of Laura and Mickey's life! All in all..you just COMPLETELY made these few minutes of my life worth it! YOU ROCK! This story was just too epic!

Last but not the least, I think this is the longest review I have written anyone on FP! :) you deserve it! :D
Kiliro chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
SO darn cute! 3
DemonsAngel chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
That was very cute! The nostalgia was hard though ( I'm graduating soon) and I have to admitt at fist I though Lizzie was gonna die. I really really like it though! And the talking stuffed animals was absolutly amazing! Thank you for making my day!
Adurna chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
This is amazing. I can't believe I've never read it before. It's the perfect combination of hilarity and tragedy. I feel like I just lived this love story as I read it, I felt like I was a part of the characters. Stories like this make sifting through all the crap on FP completely worth it. Truly, this is a gem. Thank you.
whatthefish15 chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
it was wonderful. Very liberating. Good job.
its-like-i-sed chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
This was so completely and utterly beautiful and I loved all of it. It made me laugh and feel sad and then laugh some more. This is probably one of the BEST stories I have ever read, it was so amazing and cute and made me think it was so real- I really did wish it were true. I fdelt really depressed today and just had nothing to do and this really did cheer me up so thanks for making my day :) xx
Jo chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I want you to know just how much this story meant to me. I was rereading it again and I noticed that author's note on top and you were spot on. Every once in a while I really go back to this story and just smile like an idiot after reading it. All the time. This story is without a doubt my favourite one shot that I've ever read. You are amazing. I'm not as good as you in writing for me to explain perfectly just how amazing I think this is. There probably aren't any words that could describe it, even. But I really just wanted you to know that. Later on I will go back to this story again and smile like the idiot I am. Thank you though for writing this.
Be-U-tiful chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
every single one of your stories is just amazing
bookish14 chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
gaaah! I love your one shots! Maybe a sneak peek to Laura and Mickey's future?
cvbaby250 chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This is the best one shot I read, please PLEASE make a sequel
Loukia chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Oh. My. Gosh.

This is awesome!

You're really cool:)

Woohoo New Zealand, baby! Best place in the world.
annawilliam chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I don't know why, but I cried so much while reading your story, it's so lovely and innocent and beautiful and aaa I feel like I want to fall in love just because of how your words made me feel. Sheezs I'm talking nonsense, but all in all, wonderful work.
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »