Reviews for Chasing Mr Darcy
Kaleidoscope World chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
"He wiggles his peepee at me and I start to scream."

That line was enough for me to love you and this story with all of my heart. I love everything about it, how you took time to develop their friendship and goodness you're sooo good at writing :))

And my heart just swelled at the ending, swelled. You're the only one who ever did that to me.

I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
larafrancesca chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
You crazy girl! That was unbalievably sweet, it left me with a goofy smile and a lot of fluff stuck in my head. I have only one critisism and that is your (possibly) signiture talent of leaving your stories open ended - which isn't actually a bad thing just slightly frusraiting :) . I'll admit that this is only the second of your stories that I've read (I think it's brilliant by the way) but neither give you the complete gratification of that ultimately gooy moment. One time I pray you will sneak in a kiss, but I have to say that the ending (all three letters included) I absolutely loved. I hope you are keeping up the writing and are well.

Lara ;)
8caratcarrot chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Oh. My. GOD! Where do I start? I am typing this at 6:28am in the morning, and I have spent the past 30 minutes reading your story, non-stop, gasping and laughing and cringing with Laura. I have not come across many fics that could bring up so much nostalgic feelings from my childhood, from the glow-in-the-dark stars to the feeling of being so full from dinner that even breathing was difficult. Good times. Thanks to you, I have relived these and other precious memories.

I really like how you're using "Pride and Prejudice" as a background for their relationship. It became so much more than a spin-off of the novel when the characters are actually people like us whose lives are not set in stone, nor are they determined by Fate and One True Loves (of which you mentioned many literary works of that nature).

You can see the characters live in our world. Laura and Mikey are very real, and I think that's what makes this story so enticing. They are not Romeo and Juliet who falls in love on first sight and marries within the same week, and thank god for that. We have had enough of star-crossed lovers and desire/unconditional love-driven cliches (especially on this site *cue eye roll). It is because they are not these two-dimensional characters that we are able to see ourselves in their situation, and be helplessly, hopelessly immersed in this delightful story.

I am really glad I've come across this well-crafted, thoughtful tale. Look forward to reading more from you :) Great work!
Old fragrance chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
cute!

Made me smile like an idiot at the end
toolazytologin chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
I loved reading this one-shot. Perfection.
baited with hypotheses chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
This is utterly, delightfully heartwarming. There are no other words to express just how much I adore this story.
i am a girl chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
nice. not a usual cliche. it's kind of sad that the guy still doesn't like the girl as much as she likes him though...
tiltedHead chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
cute story,haha XD
khristiya chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
beautiful. it was touching and sweet and bloody heart wrenching. i loved the characters and how they've grown, making mistakes and learning stuff and mikey's funny antics. it was hilarious.

loved it! nice job!
mr.darcy fan chapter 1 . 3/14/2011
This is my absolute favorite one-shot in the history of fictionpress. I love it so much not only because pride and prejudice is my favorite novel but also because it's witty. It has the perfect combination of laugh out loud moments, tear jerking situations, and fluffy romance to pull at your heartstrings.
mybeachhouse chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Definitely a good read with a lovely ending!
Engx chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
Gah, I love this! I'm not usually a fan of childhood infatuation - love, but I love this. I absolutely adore Pride and Prejudice and I love how you put that into this. Great work. :)
JustWords chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Ok. I'm speechless. I want more! 'Mr. Darcy' the second is amazingly stupid, a proper idiot, and yet has a hint of the qualities of the first and original Mr. Darcy that made girls everywhere swoon. I shall now be spending the rest of my day distracted from the schoolwork I'm supposed to be doing, and imagining their next thirteen years together.. and beyond :D

Sincerely,

Your newly loyal fan.
xcalibur07 chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
this is one of the best one-shot i ever read. i always love to read a 'one-shot' story because i don't need to wait for another chapter and make me wonder what will happen next. i love the ending and i hope you can write more one-shot story next time.
LeepingLy chapter 1 . 2/28/2011
I like reading one-shots because they get straight to the point.

No cliffhangers.

This story so did not disappoint me in the least.

It's one of the best ones I've read. Trust me. I've read a lot and I'm pretty darned selective when it comes to the "Favorite" button.
293 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »