Reviews for DreamCatchers
Vernelley chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
Ok, so as usual I don't really know much about Greek mythology, but this was quite interesting nonetheless. I think I like how you convey their relationship and also what they do to people, eg. flatter your senses, crush with guilt, steal away hope, take joy in loss, sorrow, despair, etc. It was really dramatic, the way you described these things. Keep it up! :)
Eva Rieycoit chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Interesting piece of poetry, to be sure! I am not sure if they are related in actual greek myths ie, the father and son thing, but I am glad you mentioned that! It made more sense that way.

And I love the last few lines of the poem, about the 'Fragile, weakened thing / we call a heart'. It really emphasises on their god-like status, that they don't have a heart like humans do. Good job!
white wolf97 chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
oh my... wow. wow i just...

but, it would be more like a nightmare, though. because i am one that is blessed with wonderful and adventurous dreams each night. and... only nightmares do things like that. i would know.

but i like the poem. i'm exremely impressed, really, i am. really, you've no idea. i think i am going to be reading this over and over again for a long, long time.

but um...

i feel like such an idiot to be requesting a review for a story so small compared to this MASTERPIECE (lol) but, i need some reviews for my new story The Two Sleeping Dragons. and don't worry, it isn't about dragons. thanks! oh, and did i tell you i love the poem? again, LOL.
Experiment101 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This is very good!

Gets me in the mood to work on a certain story of mine.
Vroooommmmmm chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
awesome poem...done a gr8 job there..really..i ve really liked the way you have described the father and the son...the scenario everything...very good job..
Serendipitist Swan chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
I think my dreams are the products of Morpheus and Hypnos after they've drunk some of Dionysus's wine. My dreams are so messed up :)
Devil's Playground chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
Ooh, I really like this. I love how much stuff you have based off of/inspired by mythology - I think it's really cool! It's always interesting to see how you interpret things and characterize various gods. I was especially interested in this one because I'm fascinated by dreams, ahaha. And I definitely wasn't disappointed!

I totally agree with you on this one. I think Hypnos and Morpheus would definitely be cruel and mischevious. It seems like dreams always either prey off of your fears and insecurities, or give you what you want - only to have it snatched away when you wake up and realize it was just a dream! I think you captured that dual nature very well.

I love these lines:

"They tease and taunt you, flatter your senses

Into thinking what you own is no longer enough." - So true. I hate dreams like that! Or, rather, waking up from them.

And the last four lines are absolutely lovely. It's a great ending to the poem. It fits really well with the mood and sum up the nature of the two gods. I love the title of this, as well - it's clever and fitting.

I wish I could be more helpful, but honestly I can't think of anything I'd like to be changed in this. I love it!
William G Thorne chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
i enjoyed this alot, lately I have been feeling as if the people in my life are like the last few lines::

"Smirking, laughing, rejoicing at the damage

They've caused in such a

Fragile, weakened thing

We call a heart"

wonderfully written, I also love the insight you have given us about their origins. nice touch.

-William