Reviews for to the boy with artist's hands
SheepishlyMe chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Wow. Short, bittersweet and memorable.
The Siege chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Oh. Just lovely.
waterbluewings chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
woah. that was good.

It was all like. la, la, la, la, BOOM gone.

that was so awesome.

that was short. but good.
DarkRadiance chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
"She would've strung out the stars until all the clocks in the world were gone."
That is undeniably my favourite line in a story so far. You have an amazing way of describing things making them seem so raw and real.
This is beautiful, thank you for sharing it with us :)
stuck in bed chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Hi! I'm here to share some news: This story has been added to the One Shot category over on A Drop of Romeo!

Here's your review:

No other person on fictionpress writes like CuriousContradiction. She has a way of making banal and trivial objects important and can easily spin the simplest sentences into something that sounds like poetry. Imagery comes easy to her and being abstract is her mother tongue. This all contributes to make her 140 word one shot an extremely powerful one.

Like most of her pieces, this piece is entirely up to individual interpretation. I read the various reviews. Some took the one shot literally. Many said that for them it talks about how love lets you ignore the pain, and pushes you to do everything for your loved one. A particularly thoughtful review, said the last paragraph “captures humanity…everyone is ugly on the outside if you think about it. but on the inside, their dedication, and love, is what gives them their beauty.”

Whatever you choose this one shot to mean, it will undeniably affect you in some way or another. CuriousContradiction makes sure of that.
Fizzy Bath Bomb chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
you could make me cry. why have you not done anything since last year?
have you become a famous author/poet already?

Fizzy x
Guest chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Exquisitely beautiful.
I'm Amazed chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
I can't quite remember the last time a I read a piece of writing as powerful as this...your words, the story...all is presented through cynical, snide voice of one who knows not sorrow- and that makes this all the more beautiful.
tea and vintage jumpers chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
gosh, this is beautiful. really, /really/ amazing.

i... i don't know what to say.
Erysimum chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
that was heartbreaking, and in 175 words that's an achievement.
InkWitch chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
it's just... sad. I don't know, it just exudes... sadness. i don't know why, it touched me. best drabble :)
Here Or There chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
This was really, really good, just like everything else of yours I've read (sorry for not dropping a review before now! :P) But everything you have to say is powerful and potent, especially in such a short piece like this one! Please continue writing - you'd be keeping something extremely beautiful from the rest of the world!
valois chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This is so short, but it's absolutely beautiful. it flows and reads like poetry, and is so raw and heartfelt.

"i would've broken off a pane of sky for you [...] i would've cut stars from soup cans..." this... i just...i have no words. you're a fantastic writer, and i wish my vignettes could be as good as this.
Jainblu chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
I like this. It's such a pretty piece.

I like how the tone is so quiet, yet it make's such an impact.

I s this just a drabble, or is it something you plan on further exploring?
chocolate and bananas chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I like this. :)

It's short and abstract and really just a drabble, but I like the way you thread together words as though they were poetry. So I like this.