Reviews for Sanctified
learntosayhello chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Oh wow, I really liked this; it was mind-blowingly interested. The dog is able to represent a lot of things - when she growled, the first thought that came to my mind was how people all over oppose God, and would if they could not let him do anything. It's bizarre to think the position of God can go from person to person, but at the same time it's so intriguing. I have to admit though, you could have done a better job with the letter xD

"Thanks,

God."

Could you imagine God writing you a letter and ending it that way? I'd be like "o_O" But you know, that's just me. Kind of seemed a little informal. But you know what they say about the number 13.

I wonder what happens to the narrator.. This was so interesting..
deefective chapter 1 . 6/8/2010
Hm. This is a fantastic, fantastic idea you have here! I really liked the twist at the end with the note and everything. I think you did a great job with the pace as well, the only thing that was a bit rushed was the end but that's understandable because it's for WCC. I think the thing that's putting me off is the way you wrote it. Maybe I'm a bit too modern for my own good but you could've presented this in a different way. The whole idea and plot was actually a bit mindblowing once you think about it but it's just the way you wrote it that didn't have me hooked. But other than that, nicely done.

Good luck in WCC!
Sercus Kaynine chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
This started off a bit slow, but I loved the concept at the end! It's an original twist to put to the prompt. I like the way you repeated ideas throughout, such as the importance idea and the way things felt right.

As a writer, I like that you represented creating things with a desk and paper for writing. It fit so well!

"Time to start creating."

Loved it. Good job and good luck in WCC!
lookingwest chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
So I read this a few days ago, but I didn't have time for a review, but I told a couple friends about it because I thought it was a pretty unique take on organized religion, XD. They all agreed with me!

So I loved the different narrations, the tones and the diction you use for each, the deity and the angel, is well thought out. As was the ending. I didn't expect that coming via the idea of just turning a literal lamp on to light a dark room! Also, wonderful present tense in first person use. It was consistent and there were moments of genius like the very last three sentences. Perfect and snappy. Best of luck in the WCC!
sophiesix chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I like how you take us on this journey step by step, revealing everything only as the character experiences it, like the dog. it just added that more realism, and kept the hook dragging me trhough the text. love the sort of nonchalance about the letter and its reception, a vivid contrast to the horror of the surroundings. you've got this dreaminess mixed with a horror-realism going that gives this piece a real nightmare quality. nice work! love teh incorporation of teh prompt too :) good luck in the WCC!