Reviews for Nightsong's Sunrise, Rise of Heroes, First Group
Claire chapter 53 . 12/2/2011
A lovely story and a wonderful adventure so far, I only wish it were as complete as the title states.

The entrance of the Warlord Kelt was quite unexpected, and despite knowing the harsh nature of the drow, I would have expected at least some realization of the twins being drow themselves if not a notice that they were of his line.
Lune chapter 17 . 11/27/2011
While you have a lovely writing style going on and an interesting plot, the manner in which you structure your dialogue is simply difficult to read. Having to bounce between different topics out of order before having to return to them makes the story particularly unpalatable.

After having read your The Dark of Night which was simply wonderful in comparison, finding an otherwise enjoyable story inhibited by such a small factor, is quite disappointing.

I will however, congratulate you on getting me interested in R.A Salvatore, I have seen his novels much in the past but never was particularly interested in reading such a lengthy, action-packed series until your Dark of Night introduced me to the Drow and piqued my interest.
NorthernStar chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
This is very engaging, however you should consider altering the title. It seems to be three titles instaid of one. Perhaps name it only Nightsong's Sunrise, or if you must Nightsong's Sunrise: Rise of Heroes. But really, short titles are preferable to long ones. If a subtitle is absolutely neccicary it should come after a semicolin.
Ashley chapter 3 . 12/19/2010
I'm really enjoying your story but I have a bit of a hard time following the dialogue. I think it'd best if when you start a new quote that you start a knew paragraph and identify who said it.

Other than that its a great story.
Blackrain7557 chapter 40 . 11/13/2010
Well that was intense, figured Kellis wouldn't be one to let her brother get hurt but that was more than I was expecting. Very good story so far, starting to get into the problems that plague ninaste and how it's affecting her. Looking forward to reading more.
Yael Itamar chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
I like your writing, but I feel like you need to give us more of an introduction to the characters. I don't feel that I know them or care about them at all.
fredsbank chapter 13 . 8/11/2010
I'm surprised no one has reviewed this yet. It's really good. Your characters are so real I feel like I know them.

Criticism:

1: I find the dialog and action hard to follow when the point of view changes and I find we are going back a few seconds in time.

I think Ninaste's broken ribs seem unrealistic and inconsistent. When she first broke them, she still fought another moment or too, then she was suddenly incapacitated. I could live with that if she was in the heat of the moment. But then, after finishing the trip through the desert and a stop at a two-bit healer, suddenly she is well enough to tame that creature. But when they were riding, "Hero's" mere squeeze up near her ribs caused her to wince. It just seems inconsistent.

BTW, I'm glad they haven't had sex yet. Too many stories jump right into the sex as a shortcut to showing their true feelings and to cement the relationship. You have the sexual tension going strong and it feels good to read.

Anyway, keep writing, I love your characters and the plot.

Please keep writing.